Search for content in message boards

Evan Rittenhouse--Patton Cemetery

Evan Rittenhouse--Patton Cemetery

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: Rittenhouse, Bevington, Pomler (Palmer?), Leonard
I'm hoping that someone has a cemetery book and can double check a date for me. According to the Patton Cemetery listing online, Evan Rittenhouse died 9-4-1912 and is buried in the Tier Burial Area in Patton Cemetery
Tier # 4.

I sent for a death certificate using this date and they were unable to find anything. I asked them to search for Evan, the paper they sent said they had searched for Even and I think his name was actually Eban. Would the spelling of the first name make a difference in their search or would they be searching for Rittenhouse and the date? I think it's most likely that the date is wrong.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kat

Re: Evan Rittenhouse--Patton Cemetery

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2006 3:25PM GMT
Kat,
Yes, I have a copy of the old sexton records here. I can see why the transcriber might have had a problem with the date. There are arrows swapping two burial locations on Rittenhouse, Evan and the next one on the list, Byler, Bertha.

Evan's burial (not death) date may have been May 2, 1912.
Perhaps someone can check at the library for you and see if they are more successful in finding a death notice around that time.

Deanna West
LaPorte County Cemetery & Research President &
Laporte Co., Gen Web Coordinator.

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: Rittenhouse, Leonard, Fravel, Boutelle (Boutwell)
Deanna,

Thank you so much for the info. I'm not sure it will make a difference, according to the paper I received, they checked the state index from 1910-1914 and said that his name does not appear.

I assumed that he died in La Porte, he was living in La Porte in the 1910 census and is buried there but he may have died somewhere else.

I will send another request with the new date, maybe I'll get lucky this time.

Thanks again,

Kat

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Leonard, Bontell, Boutelle
Kat,

I'm betting you are tracking Alfred Leonard who married Edith Bontell (or Boutelle) from the names on your post. I'm descended from Alfred's sister Minnie Marie Leonard. If I'm right, I'd love to share info with you.

Mike

Re: HELP

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 9:47AM GMT
Surnames: euler
HELLO DEANA,
I HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE THE DATE OF DEATH AND THE LOCATION OF THE CEMETARY OF WHICH HE IS BURRIED. HIS NAME WAS HENRY EULER, BORN IN PRUSSIA IN 1815, HE MARRIED A MARTHA E. DUNN ( HARTSELL ) IN 1860, THEY IN TURN HAD SEVEN CHILDREN, IN NOBLE TOWNSHIP. HE SHOWS UP ALSO IN 1860 AS A FARM LABORER FOR A FAMILY NAMED WARE.
HAVE ALSO FOUND IN THE 1870 CENSUS, THEM WITH THE SPELLING OF EALER, I THINK THAT WAS THE UNION MILLS CONNECTION. I HAVE ALL THE INFO. ON MARTHA AND CHILDREN, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE INFO. ON HIM FOR ABOUT SEVEN YEARS.
DEANNA, I WOULD APPRECIATE WHATEVER HELP YOU MAY GIVE ME IN THIS MATTER. i am located in mcewen, tennessee.
THANKS MUCH,
WAYNE EULER
eulerw@bellsouth.net
931-582-8056

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: Leonard, Fournier, Boutwell, Boutelle, Rittenhouse
Hi Mike. I'm so glad I checked this old e-mail address. You're right, I am tracking Alfred Leonard and Edith Boutelle (Boutwell) and I would love to share info as well.

This is my husband's family, his mother was the granddaughter of Alfred and Edith through their son, Albert Leonard and Velma Rittenhouse.

I don't have anything before Alfred's parents. I have tried tracing them into Canada with no luck so far.

Please tell me all about Minnie.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kat

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Leonard, Frenier, Rittenhouse
Kat,

I'm glad you checked back! I try hitting old posts in hopes that the original sees it, or someone searching for the name sees it.

I have the family of Medore and Adelaide (Frenier) Leonard having had nine children as follows: Edward, Alfred, Joseph, Agnes J., Della, Minnie Marie (my g-grandmother), Cora, Blanche, and Arthur J.

Much of what I have found is from the census data and clues from Minnie's obituary, which I can provide to you. The only sibling living when Minnie passed away in 1933 is Agnes, who was unmarried and living in California according to the obituary.

Minnie Leonard married William Sydney Millspaugh in La Porte, Indiana on 04 June 1890. They had six children, five of whom lived past childhood. Clifford died as an infant in 1893. The other children are as follows: Florence Blanche (m: Ray Parker), Medore Leonard (m: Ann D. Thomas), William Sydney Jr. (two wives: Laura (?), Carolyn Bussenius), Delphine Elouise (m: Curtis Monteith, my grandparents), Evelyn Clare (m: Otto E. Van Houten). I have information for most of the family of William and Minnie. Most of them lived in or around Elkhart and South Bend, Indiana, which is where I grew up.

As for the parents of Minnie and Alfred, I have not found anything for Medore except for a story that I can forward to you when I find it. I switched computers and have info somewhere regarding a story through another descendant of Alfred that Medore likely left Canada and changed the family surname from Lenen or something similar.

The name Frenier is rather uncommon for Adelaide (Medore's wife). It is especially uncommon in Aurora, Illinois. There is one family with a husband (1850 census says "Eusib" or something simiilar. 1860 census says Royal) and wife Adelaide. The census records have a daughter Adelaide who is the correct age.

There is a marriage record for Medore Leonard and Adelaide Frenier, which puts the marriage date at 09 May 1853 in Kane County, Illinois. The name on the index is wrong, but likely them:

"LENEN, MEDORE FREIGNEIR, ADA 05/09/1853 / 1915 KANE".

For Albert, I am confused about the children of the family, and whether there are two or three daughters, and two sons. Maybe you can fill in the gaps there...

I would be happy to send you more specifics. Let me know how this info sounds with what you have found. You may email me regarding this at "MikeMonteith@comcast.net".

I look forward to hearing from you!

Mike

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 8:28AM GMT
Hi Mike & Kat, o2c1j.

Kat, You just sent me three posts on ancestry connection service about Dorthy and Alfred Leonard & Edith Boutelle.

My mother was Phyllis Margaret Leonard m Frank Arno Winters. Dale Steward and my dad were class mates at Mansfield High School. They rode their motorcycles to Lexington when they were dating Dorthy & Phyllis. I just talked Rosemary Leonard Wright, their youngest sister,in OR a few days ago. Their Brother,Samual Bevington Leonard, lives in GA.
Kat, is your husband a Leonard or Steward ?

Philip A. (Mike) Winters
Richmond, VA
bibelot528@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions