Search for content in message boards

McPherons in Rockcastle Co.

McPherons in Rockcastle Co.

Lana Kaye McPheron Bilbrey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McPheron, Lovins, Lamb, Haynes
does anyone have any info on a John Anderson McPheron born 1888 died 1939, married Luverne Lovins born 1889. I think these were his brothers and sisters: Robert Lee Mcpheron, Melissa called Lillie married Bob whitaker, Mary married Charley Sears, Lorretta married George McKenny, Harriet married to Jim Cromer and Visey (Harriet's twin) married to charley Lovins. John's father was Parnick Lee McPheron married to Martha Union Lamb. Maybe some brothers and sisters names: Neil, John, Alice, samuel? I can't find anything on martha Union Lamb, Parnick 's father was James Harrison McPheron married in 1858 to Melissa Ann Haynes. Melissa's sister married William McPheron I think a brother to James. I need James 's parents, and brothers and sisters. And anything on the Lambs would be appreciated.

Lamb

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Martha Lamb's parents were Dawson Turner Lamb & Permelia "Millie" Cope.

Lamb

kaye bilbrey (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lamb, mcpheron
Thanks so much for this info. Could you tell me where you got this info from, what state, co, etc. Can you tell me when Martha Union Lamb was born and where? Thanks, Kaye

lamb

kAYE BILBRY (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lamb, mcpheron, cope
Phyllis, thanks so much for responding and for the info. If you ever find out anything else on these people please let me know, and if I can help you in any way, I will. Kaye

Lamb

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT

According to a document in Dawson Lamb's military records, Martha Lamb was born March 2, 1862. Dawson Lamb is listed on the 1860 Hancock Co., TN Census as Doss T. Lamb. In 1870 he is in Owsley County, KY and in 1880 he is listed on the Rockcastle Co., KY Census as Dorson T. Lamb.

lamb

KAYE BILBREY (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Phyllis, I have been looking at the census records on Dawson Lamb who you said was the father of my Martha Lamb, but my Martha was Martha Union Lamb, and on the census record, it says Dawson's daughter was Martha A. Lamb. Did your information state that it was Martha Union or just Martha Lamb? I am just trying to get it straight. Thanks for your help though. Kaye

lamb

Lana Kaye McPheron Bilbrey (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Phyllis, thanks for responding. It seems that we are cousins, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. You said that Martha and Parnek (Parnick) are your grandmother's aunt and uncle, which one is she kin to by blood, the aunt or the uncle? What is your grandmother's name? My aunt and Dad might remember her. I am going to assume that this is my Martha Union Lamb's family, since there are so many different spellings of his name, there could be a mistake on her name in the census records, too. My aunt said that her brother could have been named after his grandfather since his name is Turner and Dawson's name is Dawson Turner Lamb. But I wish I had some actual proof. Well, I will keep digging. If I can help you in any way, let me know. Lana Kaye McPheron Bilbrey.

Lamb

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Most of my information on Martha Lamb & Parnek McFerron and their children: John, Robert, Mary, Melissa, Loretta, Millie Jane, Vicie and Harriet, came from family information. Martha & Parnek were my grandmother's aunt & uncle.

Re: lamb

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Lamb,
Kaye, I have just started on my family tree but am up to my gg grandfather, Doss Lamb! I saw your listing and was so excited. I don't have any info on his dob or dod but know his son's name (my g grandfather) was Joseph Lamb and Doss had siblings by the names of Betty, Molly, Fannie, Arthur, Emma and Flora Lamb. My grandfather, John Lamb was born in Rockcastle county but lived in Harlan county when he died.
Any info is appreciated, thanks Connie!
P.S. My Doss was married to Francis (1st name) ?????.
Thanks again.
Posted: 13 Sep 2007 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Lamb, Cope & Overbey

I am the gg grandaughter of Dawson Turner Lamb and Milly Cope thru their daughter Mary, who married Jeremiah (Jerry) Overbey. All three families, Lamb, Cope and Overbey's were from Hancock and Hawkins Co., TN before moving to the Rockcastle and Estill co., KY area.

Would appreciate hearing from any one connected to these families.

Thanks
Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions