Search for content in message boards

Michigan Hamiltons'

Michigan Hamiltons'

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 6:49AM GMT
Looking for information on Dr.John Hamilton of Michigan,USA. He married Jessie Lang in 1854.Their children were,Amelia 1855, Helen 1858, Marion,Jesse,Thomas,Arthur,John D,William R,Harry H.
We know that Dr.J.Hamilton spent most of his career in Pompei.We are very interested in finding out what happened to this line of Hamiltons'. Our line stayed in Canada but the info we have on the American line is rather sketchy.

Re: Michigan Hamiltons'

andrea kelly (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
hello i have info on the michigan hamilton's (dr john hamilton) i am using a friends computer and her email. but you can send any info this way and if you help me know what you are looking for. i will look it up and send it your way.

Posted: 20 Oct 2001 10:20PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 7:17PM GMT
I am a Hamilton in Michigan and have roots in Calhoun, Eaton, Ionia and Montcalm Co. Can you help me?

andrea (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 3:29AM GMT
i might be able to help you. but i need more info on what your looking for.

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 11:56AM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 7:17PM GMT
Any Hamiltons in Calhoun Couty as far back as possible, Eaton County since the 1850's, Ionia County since the 1870's and Montcalm County since the 1880's.

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: hamilton
I am trying to find information on Dr. Jerome David Hamilton from Detroit, MI. He was born abt. 1864 in Michigan. He married Lois Labina Fay. Is he in your line?

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2002 1:36PM GMT
Unforetunately, the information I have consists of what you see in my original posting. For some reason I can't seem to find any more info on this family. Sorry.......

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 2:48PM GMT
I have a Dr. Jerome D. Hamilton who first married Jennie Newbold Hosley (no further information on her) and they had a son Orion R. Hamilton about 1884.

He married Lois (and thank you for the rest of her name) and had a daughter Marie who married Frederick Gnat and had two children Louise Ann Gnat and Frederick Jerome Gnat.

Jerome Hamilton's parents were Phebe Freer (d/o Jane/Jessie Hog/Hogg and David Freer) and Morris Monroe Hamilton, b: 3 Jun 1833 in NY; d: 1907, Vicksburg, MI, buried Cook Cemetery, Scotts, MI.

I have not verified this informatin, and much of it appears at RootsWeb.com.

The 1910 census entry is not legible, but shows him in Detroit, Wayne Co., MI. The 1920 census shows Jerome (56), Lois L. (56), Louise (14), and Orion R. (36). I could not find Jerome in the 1900 census, and this is the only information I have on him. Hope it helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic