Search for content in message boards

Ward in AR - Charles Ward

Ward in AR - Charles Ward

Theresa Hazlerig (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 7:57PM GMT
I am researching the following Ward line. Any help/leads would be greatly appreciated.

Descendants of Charles A. Ward

Generation No. 1

1. CHARLES A.1 WARD was born October 1831, and died Abt. 1907 in Lexie, AR. He married ROSE A. WILLIAMS. She was born August 1873 in Sledge, MS.

Notes for CHARLES A. WARD:

He was the Medicine Man of his tribe. He was in Lexie, AR to help out a family that was sick with the flu. He took Lloyd with him. One morning when Loyd woke up, Charles was lying next to him dead. Lloyd was about 9 years old. The family that Charles was there helping sent Lloyd to an aunt's house. Her name was Minnie.

Lexie is near West Helena.

Charles had at least 2 brothers, although I do not know their names.

He is buried in a Cemetery by the Railroad tracts in Lexie, AR. To date, Rosa has been unable to locate the cemetery. This information is based upon the information given to her by Lloyd Ward.

Source: Rosa Ward

More About CHARLES A. WARD:

Cause of Death: Flu

Children of CHARLES WARD and ROSE WILLIAMS are:

i. EARNEST2 WARD.

Notes for EARNEST WARD:

2. ii. FLOYD ANCEL WARD, b. March 24, 1898, DeWitt, AR; d. December 16, 1979, West Helena, AR.

Generation No. 2

2. FLOYD ANCEL2 WARD (CHARLES A.1) was born March 24, 1898 in DeWitt, AR, and died December 16, 1979 in West Helena, AR. He married DREWNETTA COKER November 02, 1919 in AR, daughter of ZIBA COKER and LAURA REDDEN. She was born June 16, 1905 in DeWitt, AR, and died July 28, 1983 in West Helena, AR.

Children of FLOYD WARD and DREWNETTA COKER are:

i. RAYMOND EDWARD3 WARD, b. May 02, 1921; d. June 02, 1922.

ii. ELBERT WARD, b. November 14, 1922.

3. iii. ROSA LAURA WARD, b. March 17, 1924, Benton, AR.

iv. WILLIAM EARNEST WARD, b. September 30, 1925; d. August 21, 1992.

v. CHARLES WARD, b. December 28, 1936.

Generation No. 3

3. ROSA LAURA3 WARD (FLOYD ANCEL2, CHARLES A.1) was born March 17, 1924 in Benton, AR. He married (1) LOYD EGENE MCGHEE Bef. 1944, son of VETAW MCGHEE and PEARLINE RHINEHEART. He was born April 13, 1926 in Benton, AR. He married (2) JIMMY BURKE Abt. 1946, son of WILLIAM BURKE and ANNIE HENSON. He was born January 07, 1914, and died 1954 in Marion, AR. He married (3) DEE KINARD Abt. 1986.

Notes for ROSA LAURA WARD:

More About ROSA LAURA WARD:

Religion: Baptist

Notes for LOYD EGENE MCGHEE:

Source: Lloyd McGhee

More About JIMMY BURKE:

Burial: Crittenden Memorial Cemetery

Child of ROSA WARD and LOYD MCGHEE is:

4. i. HAROLD EUGENE (BURK)4 MCGHEE, b. January 07, 1944, Monroe, AR; d. May 24, 1999, Marion, AR.

Endnotes

1. Funeral Home.

2. Vital Records.

3. Crittenden Memorial Cemetery.

4. Vital Records.

5. Marriage Certificate, Tipton County Clerk's Office of record at Marriage Record Book 68, Page 323.

6. Vital Records.

WARD in Ark

elaine mings (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 11:21AM GMT
Theresa, Have you run across any family members of James F. Ward who was married to Mildred Clark Gentry? They came from SC or TN and were in Ark around 1810. My grgrgrgrdm was Naomi Ward Thornton Riley. She and Joseph Riley had child Louisa who died in or around 1865 at birth of my grgrdm. They were in Clark Co. I know other Wards and Gentrys moved to Ark in early 1800s and assume they were all related because of census and location, have yet to do thorough search. I was hoping some of these names have shown up in your search: William N., Nathan Matthew, Andrew Jackson, James Frank, Malinda Caroline, Geoge Washington, John J. Samuel H. Green M, all born 1811-1831, early ones in TN, later ones ARK.

Do you have info on the tribe of Ward you are looking for, or his clan?

Hope we can help each other, Thanks, elaine

Ward in AR

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 7:39PM GMT
This is the information that I have so far, which is very little. You can contact me directly at: angel_b4u@hotmail.com. I would appreciate any/all help anyone can provide. I am willing to compare/share any/all information that I have.

Generation No. 1

1. CHARLES A.1 WARD was born October 1831, and died Abt. 1907 in Lexie, AR. He married ROSA WILLIAMS. She was born August 1873 in Sledge, MS.

He was the Medicine Man of his tribe. He was in Lexie, AR to help out a family that was sick with the flu. He took Lloyd with him. One morning when Loyd woke up, Charles was lying next to him dead. Lloyd was about 9 years old. The family that Charles was there helping sent Lloyd to an aunt's house. Her name was Minnie.

He is buried in a Cemetery by the Railroad tracts in Lexie, AR. To date, Rosa has been unable to locate the cemetery. This information is based upon the information given to her by Lloyd Ward.

Children of CHARLES WARD and ROSA WILLIAMS are:
i. EARNEST2 WARD.

Notes for EARNEST WARD:

2. ii. FLOYD ANCEL WARD, b. March 24, 1898, DeWitt, AR; d. December 16, 1979, West Helena, AR.

Generation No. 2

2. FLOYD ANCEL2 WARD (CHARLES A.1) was born March 24, 1898 in DeWitt, AR, and died December 16, 1979 in West Helena, AR. He married DREWNETTA COKER November 02, 1919 in AR, daughter of ZIBA COKER and LAURA REDDEN. She was born June 16, 1905 in DeWitt, AR, and died July 28, 1983 in West Helena, AR.

iii. ROSA LAURA WARD, b. March 17, 1924, Benton, AR; m. (1) LOYD EGENE MCGHEE, Bef. 1944; b. April 13, 1926, Benton, AR; m. (2) JIMMY BURKE, Abt. 1946; b. January 07, 1914; d. 1954, Marion, AR; m. (3) DEE KINARD, Abt. 1986.

More About JIMMY BURKE:

Info on Charlie Ward

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 8:51PM GMT
I have tribal info from the Dawes rolls on Charlie Ward, creek, and several other Wards. I'm looking for info on Charlie Mitchell Ward from the Green Forest area of Ark. This info I have is not the Charlie Ward I'm looking for. If you would like copies e-mail me at davys@bulldognet.com hope this helps. Mary

f.a. and ellen ward/ daughter nettie o. denning ark

dianna bryan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 4:38PM GMT
theresa have you any of these wards in your tree? they are in denning around 1910. where theyre from is unknown. or where they would have wound up at. on netties 2nd marriage certificate, it reads that she was from denning. first marriage was to mr charles lovell of russelville. 3 children later to mr blaine blanton 11-10-1910. they were in dewar oklahoma in 1913, the birth place of my grand mother. she was orphaned at a young age possibly due to a coal mine accident. any clues for my ward blues?? thank you dianna bryan

Ward

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 7:17AM GMT
This is the only information I have on the Ward family. My grandmother (Rosa) is my source of this information. I found it very hard to get any futher back than My 2g grandfather. But here it is:

Generation No. 1

1. CHARLES A.1 WARD was born October 1831, and died Abt. 1907 in Lexie, AR. He married ROSA WILLIAMS. She was born August 1873 in Sledge, MS.

Children of CHARLES WARD and ROSA WILLIAMS are:
i. EARNEST2 WARD.

Notes for EARNEST WARD:

Generation No. 2

3. iii. ROSA LAURA WARD, b. March 17, 1924, Benton, AR.

Generation No. 3

3. ROSA LAURA3 WARD (FLOYD ANCEL2, CHARLES A.1) was born March 17, 1924 in Benton, AR. He married (1) LOYD EGENE MCGHEE Bef. 1944, son of VETAW MCGHEE and PEARLINE RHINEHEART. He was born April 13, 1926 in Benton, AR. He married (2) JIMMY BURKE Abt. 1946, son of WILLIAM BURKE and ANNIE HENSON. He was born January 07, 1914, and died 1954 in Marion, AR. He married (3) DEE KINARD Abt. 1986.

More About JIMMY BURKE:

Children of ROSA WARD and LOYD MCGHEE are:
i. HAROLD EUGENE (BURK)4 MCGHEE1, b. January 07, 1944, Monroe, AR; d. May 24, 1999, Marion, AR1; m. (1) LINDA, Bef. 1965; m. (2) BRENDA JOYCE (MARTIN) WATSON2, October 18, 1968, Marion, AR; b. October 16, 1944, New Orleans, LA; m. (3) PAM PATTON, Abt. 1977; m. (4) PATTY JOHNSON, Abt. 1979; b. June 19, OR.

Notes for HAROLD EUGENE (BURK) MCGHEE:
His stepfather, Jimmy Burk, raised him. He considered Jimmy his daddy, he did not have much contact, if any, with Loyd while growing up.

His immediate family called him Gene others knew him as Harold.

He was raised as a Burk and used that last name until about 1975, before Grant was born. He had his name changed back legally to McGhee at that time. His wife at the time (Pam) wanted him to change it to his given last name.

None of his children were raided together. In the 1990's he decided to get in touch with all of his children and let them know they had siblings. Although all of us never got together at the same time, I (Theresa) have met all of them and stay in contact with them now.

I am the only child that he stayed in contact with while growing up due to the close relationship with his mother (Rosa) and my mother (Brenda). They are still close and stay in contact.

He had his first heart surgery when he was about 1 year old in Baltimore, MD. He had several heart surgeries to correct valve problems through the years. He was on the Liver Transplant list when he died. He had Hepatitis A, B, and C along with other problems. The Hepatitis, they believe, he got from a blood transfusion he received when he had one of his heart surgeries in the 1970's (before blood was tested). About 2 weeks before he passed away he had heart surgery in St. Louis, MO, to correct a problem that had got him bumped off the transplant list. It was thought that everything was going to be ok since he made it through the surgery (He was not expected to live through the surgery). He died of a massive stroke (his heart threw a blood clot that killed him - according to his wife Rena) at home in Yellville, AR.

The funeral was held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Mountain Home, AR. Harold wanted Jimmy Kelly, his son, to preach at his funeral. Jimmy did the grave side service at Crittenden Memorial Cemetery in Marion, AR.

Although when he died he was legally a McGhee, the headstone on his grave reads Harold Gene Burk. He was buried by his stepfather (Jimmy Burk). Harold wanted to be buried by Jimmy (this was known by everyone), the man he considered his daddy.

Source: Harold McGhee and Theresa Burk

More About HAROLD EUGENE (BURK) MCGHEE:
Burial: May 28, 1999, Crittenden Memorial Cemetery3
Cause of Death: Stroke
Medical Information: Had multiple heart problems. Was on Liver transplant list when he died.
Religion: Morman

Notes for BRENDA JOYCE (MARTIN) WATSON:
She was born a Watson at birth but was raised as Brenda Martin (her step-father's last name). She never knew her father, only his name and that she had four older brothers. Her father was married to another woman when she was born. He came to see her over at Homer and Grace Miller's house to visit in November 1944 until 1945 when she was a baby.

More About BRENDA JOYCE (MARTIN) WATSON:

ii. DEBRA LOUISE MCGHEE, Stepchild.
iii. BRENDA GAY MCGHEE, Stepchild.
iv. LOYD EUGENE MCGHEE, JR., Stepchild.
v. PAULA ANN MCGHEE, Stepchild.
vi. FREADA IMOGENE MCGHEE, Stepchild.

More About FREADA IMOGENE MCGHEE:
Cause of Death: Heart Attack
Medical Information: Lived in CA - heart exploded

Endnotes

1. Funeral Home.
2. Vital Records.
3. Crittenden Memorial Cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions