at http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Shores/7348/

worth a try.

Alan.

KILDUNNE IN TOBERCURRY 1873

Joe McIntee Laughlin (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KILDUNNE, GALLAGHER
Can anyone help with information on BARTLEY KILDUNNE and his wife ELLEN (GALLAGHER) and family of Monalea, Tobercurry circa 1870's. Their son PATRICK was born there on 1/2/1873, and subsequently left for England. PATRICK'S decendants now living in West Yorkshire.

Re: KILDUNNE IN TOBERCURRY 1873

John Royle (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2002 8:21PM GMT
Have you come across the O'hara family living in Monalea,Nr Aclare in the 1800s.My wife's granfather was Felix O'Hara from there?He was born 1865/

Nicola Kildunne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2005 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Kildunne
I was born in Keighley, West Yorkshire to Ronald James Kildunne, also born in Keighley in 1944. My grandfather was James Kildunne-siblings Morris, Anthony and Joe, unfortunately, we do not have details of his father but believe the family to be from Sligo, Ireland. Hope this helps. If you can find a connection please let me know.

Posted: 11 May 2008 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Stinson/Stenson, Kildunne
Our family tree includes a Bridget Kildunne, b. 1846, who married John Stenson of Eskragh (Tubbercurry), Co. Sligo. We have nothing on her parents or any siblings, so if you can make a connection, let me know.
Also searching for siblings/parents of her husband, John Stenson, b. bet. 1835-45 in Eskragh; d. bef. 1901. Specifically hoping to find a brother(?) named Bartley. Bridget Kildunne and John Stenson's children: John, Mary, Joseph, Annie, Hugh, Kate, Bartly, Patrick, and Onnie.

Posted: 11 May 2008 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stinson/Stenson, Kildunne
Our family tree includes a Bridget Kildunne, b. 1846, who married John Stenson of Eskragh (near Tubbercurry), Co. Sligo. We have nothing on her parents or any siblings, so if you can make a connection, let me know.
Also searching for siblings/parents of her husband, John Stenson, b. bet. 1835-45 in Eskragh; d. bef. 1901. Specifically hoping to find a brother(?) named Bartley Stenson, born bet. 1825-30. The children of Bridget Kildunne and John Stenson were: John, Mary, Joseph, Annie, Hugh, Kate, Bartly, Patrick, and Onnie.

Posted: 3 Jun 2008 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kildunne
Hi i came across your post and think we may be able to help you .We live in Keighley West Yorkshire and My grandma Mary's(Kildunne) grandfather was named Patrick Kildunne and came from Tubercurry , alone when quite young i think.She has a keen interest in family history and knows all about her irish family and has even visited their old home.If this is the Patrick you are looking for im sure she can give you information on his family , but i will have to ask her to confirm . Beth Walton

Posted: 25 May 2009 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Stenson, Connolly, Larrigan, Kildunne
Hello Beth, I'm wondering if you ever heard more from your grandma Mary regarding her grandfather Patrick Kildunne? I'd love to learn as much as she can offer. Did you get a chance to ask her?
Many thanks, Tricia

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: kildunne
My 11 year old son just came across this thread after watching a family history program. My wifes family are called Kildunne. Her father Patrick Kildunne is originally from Aclare (just down the road from Tobercurry) the family still have a farm there. He moved to England 50 odd years ago and lives in Doncaster. My son Matthew Thomas Kildunne Pearce would like to track this side of the family and any information, if relevant, would be appreciated - Gary Pearce - garypearce12@aol.com

Posted: 30 Jul 2010 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Kildunnes of Monalea, Aclair
I have by chance just come across this selection of posts on the Kildunne family. Patrick Kildunne born 1873 in Monalea, Aclair, near Tobercurry, son of Bartley and Ellen (nee Gallagher), was my husband's grandfather. He came to work in Keighley around 1900 and most of his descendants still live in the area. Nine years ago we visited Ireland and went to Monalea to try and identify the cottage the family lived in. We met up with an elderly local couple who lived nearby and they showed us where the cottage still stands (although pretty derelict) She knew a little bit about the history of the family but couldn't give us any more names. She did, however, think the derelict cottage belonged to someone called O'Hara who emigrated to America. If anyone has any more information to add to the little we already know, then we would be very grateful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic