Search for content in message boards

searching for German ancestors

searching for German ancestors

Donna McCann (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stoltenberg, Wiese, Ewoldt, Rethwisch
Hello, I am searching for ancestors of Asmus Stoltenberg, his father Hans Stoltenberg who were born in Stakendorf, Preetz, Schleswig-Holstein. Hans was b. 10-Feb-1816 and married Margaretha (Gretje) Rethwisch. She was b. Krokau, Preetz, Schleswig-Holstein in 1809. Asmus emigrated to the USA in the spring of 1864 and married Dorothea Wiese. Dorothea b. 18-Oct-1837 in Bendfeld, Preetz, Schleswig- Holstein. Dorothea's parents were Hinrich Wiese b. 1799 in Bendfeld, Preetz, Schleswig-Holstein and Trin Ewoldt b. 1800 also in Bendfeld. If anyone has information on these people please contac me. Thank you so much. Donna
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: wiese
My fore fathers came from the same are as above message. Would like to hear from whoever posted this message. Mel

Stoltenberg family

Sheryl Kosch (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stoltenberg, Tagge, Ewoldt, Paustian, Wegner
I am the great great granddaughter of Claus Stoltenberg.
He was born September 2, 1832 in Brodersdorf, Probstei,
Holstein, Germany. He died in 1913 as did another Claus
Stoltenberg who was born September 7, 1830. They both
were early settlers in Hall County, NE. I have many
Stoltenbergs that I am unable to account for. I am
doing the genealogy for both families to help straighten
things out. The latter Claus was married to Abel
Vieregg, her brothers were also early settlers of Hall
County. The cabin they resided in has been moved to
Stuhr Museum of Grand Island NE. If you can help me
with any information on Stoltenbergs I would appreciate
it. I have access to much of the early history of Hall
County, Ne. I am also tracing the Schwieger family and
I was interested in your interest in the Ewoldt family
I have just recently begun research on the descendants
of Cay Ewoldt. He was a member of the first settlement
party of Hall County, Ne.

Ewoldt and family

Leann Ewoldt (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ewoldt
I am Leann Ewoldt. I am the daughter of Bernard Eugene Ewoldt, who is son of Bernhart Ewoldt. Bernhart is one of Henry Ewoldt's sons. Who came from Grand Island, Ne. Bernhart and his brother Hans came to Thedford, Ne. to start a ranch in the sandhills of Nebraska. I am trying to discover more about the history of my great grandfather. Bernhart Ewoldt is living in North Platte, Ne and Bernard Ewoldt is living in Valentine, Ne. If you to learn more about this branch of the Ewoldt Family tree feel free to write.
email: leostar371@hotmail.com

Re: searching for German ancestors

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2002 8:21AM GMT
Hello, Donna,
Your e-mail address did not work. Please contact.
In private.

Klaus

Re: Stoltenberg family

C.J. McAbee-Reher (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2003 4:06AM GMT
Do you have any information on Claus Stoltenberg who was married to Maria Catharina Wohlert and had a daughter Helene Stoltenberg b. 7 sep 1875 d 18 oct 1944? I suspect she died in Grand Island, Hall Co, Nebraska; I do not have documentation of her death.

Any information would be helpful, thanks,
cj

C.J. McAbee-Reher (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2003 4:08AM GMT
Do you have any information on Claus Stoltenberg who was married to Maria Catharina Wohlert and had a daughter Helene Stoltenberg b. 7 sep 1875 d 18 oct 1944? I suspect she died in Grand Island, Hall Co, Nebraska; I do not have documentation of her death.

Any information would be helpful, thanks,
cj

Re: Ewoldt and family

Posted: 27 Jan 2004 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Ewoldt, Thompson, Lottes, Ostby, Boellstorff
I am trying to track down Henry R. Ewoldt and his wife Augusta. I have that they had two children: Alberta H. Ewoldt b. Mar 10, 1918, d. 27 May 2000 and Wynona A. Ewoldt, b. April 9, 1911, d. Sept 25, 1999both born in Oakland, Iowa. Wynona married Max Murray Thompson and they lived in Codfy, Park, Wyoming for many years. Wynona was a speech and drama coach/teacher. They did not have any children.
I would appreciate any information on this family. Wynona (called Mrs. T.) by her students was a dear person for me.

Re: searching for German ancestors

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 5:30AM GMT
According to my information, Gretje Rethwisch is the daughter of Jochim Rethwisch and Elsche Gottsch Rethwisch. Gretje was born 24 May 1810 in Krokau. Gretje married a Stoltenberg, first name unknown, date and place of marriage is also unknown.

Jochim and Elsche Rethwisch are my ggggrandparents.

Posted: 26 Mar 2007 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: EWOLDT
FYI, I just posted a message of a newspaper article from June 16, 1907 on United States, Nebraska, Hall County with reference to Cay Ewoldt, as well as a number of other Hall County settlers.
Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions