Search for content in message boards

MADDEN FAMILY OF TAUNTON

MADDEN FAMILY OF TAUNTON

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: MADDEN, HURLEY, DONOHUE, SULLIVAN, WHITTERS
Stephen MADDEN brought wife Hannorah/Honnorah HURLEY and kids -- Julia, Timothy and John -- to America from Bandon, Parish of Kilbrogan, County Cork, Ireland about 1832. Daughter Ellen was born here in 1834. Julia m Peter DONOHUE in 1850; John m Mary SULLIVAN in 1853 and Ellen m Robert WHITTERS (of Enniskillen, Farmanagh, Ireland) in 1853 -- all in Taunton, Bristol County. Robert d in 1855, leaving wife and tiny son Edward. The entire MADDEN family relocated to Mendota, LaSalle Co., IL before 1860.

It is unlikely MADDENS came to U.S. alone. Is Barney MADDEN of Taunton related? Anyone researching this MADDEN line? Any help appreciated and all queries answered. Thanks a bunch. Bobby Dobbins Title in Orange, CA.
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Madden, Farritor, Ferriter, Costello
I can tell you for sure the my Ferriter/Farritors from the Dingle Peninsula, Cty Kerry, Ireland also went to LaSalle Cty IL in about 1860 from Bradford Cty PA. This after the death of John Ferriter, the head of the family. I can also tell you the Ferriters knew the Maddens and knew them well. I even knew some as a child in Chicago (only lived there a while. They were also involved with the Costellos in Chicago. My part of the Ferriters (who now spelled it Farritor) went on to homestead in NE but some stayed in Streator, IL. I can tell you that Thomas Madden married Eileen Costello and their children were Thomas Jr., Maureen, billy, and Eileen Frances. Eileen Costello Madden was a sister of my Aunt Bernice Costello Farritor. Bernice was born in 1913. They all lived in Chicago when I knew them.
Audrey Annable Franklin

Maddens of so. east mass.

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: MADDEN, HORTON, FRIEL, LEGOFF
BRISTOL COUNTRY. MY FAMILY MADDENS LIVED IN FRAMINGHAM, HOPKINTON, MY HORTON FAMILY LIVED IN TAUTON IN THE 1850 TO PRESENT. JAMES FRANCIS MADDEN MARRIED ANNE FRIEL IN HOPKINTON (SHE HAD RELATIVES IN CLINTON) THEIR CHILDREN, THOMAS J. MADDEN, JAMES F. MADDEN JR. lUCY, ANNE, MARY, ROSE, I KNOW LUCY AND MARY MARRIED AND LIVED OUT THEIR LIVES IN FRAMINGHAM AND THEIR DECENDANTS STILL RESIDE THEIR. AS YOU SAY IT IS UNLIKELY THAT ALL THESE MADDENS LIVED IN CLOSE PROXIMITY AND DID NOT KNOW EACH OTHER. I AM TRYING TO FIND THE NEXT GENERATION BACK. I KNOW MY GREAT GRANDFATHER JAMES F MADDEN WAS BORN IN MASSACHUSETTS. I BELIEVE THERE WAS FRIEL FAMILY IN CLINTON AS I AM TOLD GREAT GRANDMOTHER CAME FROM IRELAND THROUGH BOSTON TO CLINTON. ANY CONNECTIONS WOULD BE GLADLY RECIEVED AND IF I CAN HELP YOU I HAVE ADDRESSES WHERE SOME OF THESE PEOPLE LIVED.

Re: Maddens of so. east mass.

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Madden
my grandmother johanna h was born in 1874 and came to america in 1882 . she married john j madden in 1895 . he was born in massachusetts. they mainly lived in jamaica plains suffolk cty. many of their relatives lived in springfield

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 11:18PM GMT
I know the Madden's children in the 1900's seem the same.The more I read your notes the more I know we are related.In 1939-1945 4 Madden children lived with their grandparents in Jamaica Plains , Mass. In the summer we went to Framingham, in the country for a week or 2. One year my sister Joan(Johanna after my grandmother) got a piece of wire in her leg.My Grandmother was 68 or more and Aunt Nellie(Helen went with us to my UNCLE AND AUNTS. My James was born around1907.My grandfather John J died in Jamaica Plains when I was 4or 5yrs,all 4 of Billy M Madden children went into a Catholic home for a while. The last time we went to Framingham he was not with us. It seems like A Bill and Mame took us there.Just maybe this will click a memory to someone.
Loretta age 70

Posted: 4 Jun 2010 12:15AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2013 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Madden, Decoste
Just was reading the notes on Nellie Madden and family. there were my aunts and uncles.My mother louise Madden (Decoste)was my mother died in 1954on Station st.roxbury crossing.We my sister and brother lived on 5 William st.for a while. So we are first cousins.

Posted: 4 Jun 2010 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Maadden, Horton
So far this does not connect with me, will keep looking!

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2013 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Madden, Folkin
Tauton....eastern music....patia campbell...lol, my grand mother was a campbell half of her family moved to rhode Island.
Your Right--in 1935---40, my Uncle slyvestor madden..had 4 children...i don t know what happened but his 4 children moved with his sister to lynn, her name augusta (madden) folkin, their in the Lynn high school year book. I found the Pictures!

Re: MADDEN FAMILY OF Lynn -Salem-Michigan

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 9:29AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2013 6:10PM GMT
Hi Bristol-- thanks, but its Lynn -Salem, the one of the Sons died in 1997, remaining three are Detroit.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions