Search for content in message boards

David Craig Newberry

David Craig Newberry

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newberry
David Craig Newberry, son of William E "Buzz" and Leota "Lee" Newberry. Died in a snowmobile accident in Houghton Lake, Michigan sometime in the late 1990?. I am looking for death information, burial info, obits, newspaper article (I believe he was hit by a drunk snowmobile driver and killed. I believe the driver spent some time in jail for his death).

I am his ex-wife and we were divorced before his death and of course I was not notified. I am trying to fill in that portion of my life for my family records. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Date of Birth for David was 10 Feb 1947, Milford, Michigan Thanks for any help

Re: David Craig Newberry

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 6:14PM GMT
I'm not related.

There are no or very few online death records after 1930.

Try this site for death records – FREE SITE
Social Security Death Index = FREE, Searchable = ALL STATES
* * * * * This index features individuals who died after 1960. * * * * * *
Use the ADVANCED option

DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.
http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/

Order his death cert. to find the burial location and other medical info.

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 6:44PM GMT
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I have already tried the SSDI and other sites for information and have been unable to find any, that's why I thought I would try this forum. Thanks again

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 2:42PM GMT
The date of the accident was Jan 7, 1998.

David was taken to a hospital in West Branch, which is in Ogemaw County.

You can order a copy of his death cert from the county clerk

Death certificates are public records and may be viewed by anyone.

You will need to provide the name and date of death for the individual record you are requesting.

Death records may be ordered in person or via mail.

The fee for the first certified copy is $10.00

and $5.00 for each additional certified copy at the time the first one is requested.

You may mail your request to:

Ogemaw County Clerk,
806 W. Houghton Ave.,
Room 101,
West Branch, MI,

Please make your check or money order payable to the County of Ogemaw.

Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope to expedite processing.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 12:16AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 2:25PM GMT
This is Dave's cousin Emie. I was thinking of David alot today and googled his name and found this. David was killed by a snow mobile while he was walking home from the bar. Yhe coroner called me and told me of the accident,Dave had a Christmas card from me in his pocket and that was how thet found me.I was asked if there were any siblings and I gave nancy's name. After that I was totally shut out. Nancy, Dauna or Pam would speak to me. Maybe they thought there was money,and maybe there was, I don't know. I just wanted to attend his funeral or memorial and was never informed of one. I don't believe they had any type of service for him at all. I believe he was cremated and buried with his folks. If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me. I still have the Betty Crocker cookbook you and Dave gave to me as a wedding gift. My husband passed away 13 years ago from a heart attack and I still reside in MI with my daughter. I hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Emie Gallagher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic