Search for content in message boards

FAMILIES

Posted: 18 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: UTSEY, RIZER, COUNTS, COPELAND, WARREN, WILLIAMS, BAZZLE, JOHNS, SPELL, WILSON, KINARD, LIGHTSEY, BRELAND, GRIMES, BASSETT, RITTER, MUCKENFUSS
i am looking for information on all the families listed.most lived in the bamberg/barnwell/colleton/orangeburg/dorchester co areas of south carolina.any help would be appreciated.

RISER and COUNTS Families

Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: RISER, COUNTS, SEASE, DOMINICK
My ancestors include GEORGE REISER/RIZER, emigrant from Germany who died c. 1810 in SC, and wife FRANCINA COUNTS of Barnwell/Lexington Districts, SC, whose records overlap into Orangeburg District area. Their daughter KATHERINE E. RIZER (1762-1838) married JOHN LEONARD SEASE (1754-1840), and their daughter SUSAN CATHERINE SEASE married JACOB DOMINICK. Glad to trade facts if we have a connection. David Sease, editor of Newberry District Quarterly, has much information on these families.

Warren Line

Ronald D. Warren (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Warren, Farrar, Mock, Stone
Looking for info on Henry Warren of Branchville Orangeburg, SC. he married Hattie Stone(i think) he had 2 boys that i know about William Edward and John B.any help would be great.

Lightsey search

Don Tigges (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lightsey
Check my web site it might answer many of your questions.
www.greencis.net/~tigges

Riser

Ruth E. Barr (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VICE, UPTEGROVE
I am interested in obtaining information on the family of ROBINSON W. RISER born about 1834 and probably the son of JOSEPH RISER and his wife, MARY. ROBINSON W. RISER married MARY VICE, daughter of GEORGE P. VICE and MARY DORCAS UPTEGROVE who lived near Pine Grove (Lone Star) in what is now Calhoun County, S.C., but was in Orangeburg County, S.C. GEORGE P. and MARY DORCAS VICE lived next door to JOSEPH and MARY RISER according to the Orangeburg County census records. MARY VICE was born about 1847 and died before 1880 in Orangeburg County. ROBINSON W. RISER and MARY VICE had children WILLIAM FRIENDLY PERRY RISER born Nov. 16, 1866, died Jan. 8, 1941; HATTIE RISER born about 1874, and MARY RISER born about 1870. The wife of WILLIAM FRIENDLY PERRY RISER was LULU EMMA ____, born March 23, 1870, died Nov. 25, 1950, buried Ebenezer Cemetery, Orangeburg County. Children (perhaps others) ROBERT T. RISER born Jan. 1893, HUBERT S. RISER born Aug. 5, 1896, died June 28, 1969, married JULIA W., ORAETTA born July 1899. There is also a tombstone at Ebenezer Cemetery, Orangeburg County, S.C., for ROSALE A. RISER July 2, 1905-Aug. 29, 1910.

Barnwell, SC

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johns, Morris
Looking for info on Johns families and Morris families of
Barnwell, SC. Especially these family members: Johnny Franklin Johns, Eugenia Johns, Charlie Edward Morris, George Perry Morris.

Please e-mail any info to MIZZBONES@aol.com. Thank you.
Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 8:31AM GMT
Surnames: wilson
I have a Jane and James Wilson, father and daughter from charleston. Have recently been informed that Jane's father might be George Wilson rather than James Wilson. Jane was born in 1808.
Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Criddle, Judy, Jackson, George, Grimes
Researching info on Eliza Grimes, Dorchester County, SC, born abt. 1846 died abt.1915. Married James Samuel Criddle when Civil War ended. Believe she lived in Branchville, SC.
Could be Orangeburg or Bamberg Counties, SC. Would like info on her family.

COPELAND

Carrie PARLER-GIBSON (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Parler, Copeland
I will be happy to work with you on your COPELAND, Orangeburg Co. connections.

williams search

sally alston (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: williams
looking for any information on the family of john,b. abt. 1803, and his wife, eliza, b. abt. 1800. someone researching williams in bamburg co. may have heard of them. they had 7 children--lucinda,willy,allen,nancy,twins-john leonadas and elizabeth, and james. they were in barnwell, but i'm hoping someone heard of them. sally alston sallyara@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions