Search for content in message boards

CHILDRESS/RANDEL/SHELTON

CHILDRESS/RANDEL/SHELTON

Kathy Shelton Dexter (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHILDRESS, RANDEL, SHELTON, DODSON, CRITTENDEN

I am looking for information on William CHILDRESS who married Adeline Minerva RANDEL (b. Jan. 28, 1830) on Nov. 7, 1847. I have information on the RANDEL, SHELTON and DODSON families. William and Adeline had a daughter named Mahala Crittenden CHILDRESS who married William Alexander SHELTON, son of Olynthus Gregory SHELTON and Matilda DODSON. All of these families lived in Perry Co. I would like to know if the name CRITTENDEN is a surname passed down through one of these families. I appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

Kathy Shelton Dexter
Dyersburg, TN
kenshel@ecsis.net

Shelton/Dodson

Kathy Shelton Dexter (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SHELTON, DODSON
The names that you mentioned do not sound familiar to me either. However, I will go back over my research to see what I can come up with. I contact you if I find out anything.

Kathy Dexter

Shelton, Dodson

Beth Ann Spraberry (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Dodson, Woolverton, Baker, Hughes, Hanks, Shelton

Although I can't answer the questions in your query, I was interested in the mention of the Shelton and Dodson surnames
in Perry County, Tennessee. My Gideon Farmer Shelton was on the 1830 Perry County Census. He married Elizabeth Woolverton.Elizabeth's parents were John Bird Woolverton and Annie Jane Hanks. Annie Jane Hanks parents were Moses Hanks and Aggatha Dodson. I am hoping to make a connection if possible. Gideon's father could possibly be named George Shelton.

Craig/Dodson

Ralph Craig (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Craig, Dodson
I,m looking for any thing about Nicholas Dodson that married Thomas Craig at one time they lived in Linden Tenn. please contact me at RCraig@semovm.semo.edu Thank You

Re: CHILDRESS/RANDEL/SHELTON

marilynn hendrix freeman (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Childress , Hendrix
Adeline Minerva Childress was my great grandmother, her daughter Sarah(Sallie) married George Monroe Hendrix who was my grandfather. If you have any information other than that please email me. Thank you

marilynn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Childress Hendrix
Kathy it is interesting that you are in Dyersburg..my fathers family all lived in Dyer county most of their lives..they were Hendrix...although my father and our family lived in Washington State.
Marilynn

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 7:03AM GMT
Olynthus Gregory SHELTON was my ggrandfather's brother. I have corresponded with another brother of Olynthus, Flavious Josephus Shelton, ggrandsons. I have also met some of the ggrandsons. I do not have much on this line but have info on Geroge Washington Shelton down.

Ben Harris (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2004 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton
I have much information regarding the Shelton name, going back about 400 years to Lord Byron Shelton arriving on the London Company's boat from London in the 1600's. I am desperate to find information regarding the Flavius Josephus and Olynthus Gregory generation of the Shelton family. Specifically, I am looking for how they died and any civil war information on either of them. Please feel free to contact me at ben_harris@comcast.net

Posted: 2 Feb 2011 4:12AM GMT
Hi, I'm John, William & Adaline are my GGG-Grandparents, their dauther Martha Ann married James Henry Epley in Perry on Apr 29, 1877, and they in turn had a daughter Anna Crittenden Epley. So its interesting to me where the Crittenden name came from as well. I'm also curious about where you found a marriage date for William & Adaline & if I could get a copy of a record. I got this from a very old post, I hope you get this. You can direct e-mail me at johnereed@frontier.com. Thanks, John

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 12:35PM GMT
Olynthus Gregory Shelton is my 2nd great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions