Search for content in message boards

Thor Alvsen Lovdhal

Thor Alvsen Lovdhal

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2004 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Lovdahl, Waala
Looking for information on Thor Alvsen Lovdahl. Moved from Sondeled parish, Norway to Waushara County (Mt. Morris) in 1884 and help found West Holden Baptist Church. Had 6 children. My wife descends from son August. Would like to hear from decendents of other children. Other children's name Ander (son), Torge (son), Anne Therese (daughter).
August Lovdahl married Mabel Waala.

Any information appreciated.

Re: Thor Alvsen Lovdhal

Sandi Waala (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 9:58PM GMT
I was helping my son with a class project today. Mabel Waala would have been was my fathers aunt. My great grandfather was Sherman Waala son of Samuel Waala. My father is Larry Waala making your wife and him cousins? My grandfather, Sherman Waala married Hazel Lovdahl. I wonder if there is any relation there?

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 4:23AM GMT
My great great grandfather's name was Thor Lovdahl I do not know his wife's name, from Norway. Son's name Torgrim Lovdahl died 1917. Any relation?

Joe Waala (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2003 6:48PM GMT
Hey Sandy, what's up? Hope you guys are doin' well. Did you locate the secret Waala pirate treasure yet? :) - -Joe

Posted: 16 May 2011 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Lovdahl
Torgrim "Tom" Lovdahl was my great grandfather. Married to Ragnhild Torgrimson. I haven't been able to find any information other than the name Thor Lovdahl as Torgrim's father. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 9:34PM GMT
Thor was born August 27, 1842 in Sondeled Parish in Norway. Thor married Anne Torjusdatter on September 23,1864. They came to Wautoma in 1886,they had seven children: Anders (Andrew), Torjus (Thomas), Torje (Torge), Ingwald, August, Ingeborg (Emma), and Anne Therese. I have more information if anyone is interested.

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 2:29PM GMT
I don't believe my great grandfather was from the Wautoma Lovdahl's. He lived in Minnesota. His first name was Torgrim but went by Tom and he had a sister named Sari. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Maybe he is related to the Wautoma somehow though.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Torjusdatter, Torjusen, Torgesen, Torgessen
Yes, I would be interested in getting more information as Anne Torjusdatter is my great grand aunt on my father's side and I have not been able to find much information about her until I found this thread. Since I have moved to Wisconsin and discovered she lived here, I am very interested in locating her grave and any living relatives.

You email me at jo@jonorman.com with additional information, please.

Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions