Search for content in message boards

Myers

Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2001 4:12AM GMT
Searching for the family of Frederick Myers. He was in Ohio till 1870.Then moved to Indiana.
Frederick Myers age 58 Germany
Amanda Myers age 52 Virginia
George Myers age 31 Ohio
Harvey Myers age 24 Ohio
William O. Myers age Ohio
Thomas Myers age 17 Ohio
Ludow Myers age 13 Indiana
David E. Myers age 11 Indiana
James M. Myers age 8 Indiana
This was taken from the 1870 Indiana Census.
Would like to make a connection. Thanks Barbara
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 9:57AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2005 10:17PM GMT
Are your Myers from the Greene Co.,Ohio area? My line
is a Michael and Magdalene Myers from the Xenia, Ohio
area. I do not know if he had any brothers.His daughter
is my ggrandmother.
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 2:53PM GMT
Dee, I don't know where the Myers came from in Ohio. I know nothing about them at all. Barbara
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2005 10:17PM GMT
You might check the 1850 census for Greene Co.Ohio.
If it is some of Micheal's relation, they may have moved
to the same area, around the same time.It may be listed
as Fmyers or Filsmoyers. Americans must have had trouble
with the original German name.
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 6:36PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2001 3:37PM GMT
You said this came from the 1870 Indiana
Census. What County?

My Myers family came moved from
Pennsylvania to Ohio to Green County, Indiana

>Searching for the family of Frederick Myers. He was in Ohio till 1870.Then moved to Indiana.
>Frederick Myers age 58 Germany
>Amanda Myers age 52 Virginia
>George Myers age 31 Ohio
>Harvey Myers age 24 Ohio
>William O. Myers age Ohio
>Thomas Myers age 17 Ohio
>Ludow Myers age 13 Indiana
>David E. Myers age 11 Indiana
>James M. Myers age 8 Indiana
>This was taken from the 1870 Indiana Census.
>Would like to make a connection. Thanks Barbara
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 6:23AM GMT
Chris, My Myers came from Crawfordville, Montgomery county, Indiana. I just found Frederick and his son George. There was two more to add to the list. Mary Margart Myers and Samantha Myers. Barbara

Re: Frederick Myers

Chrystie MYERS (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MYERS, MAYER(S), MIERS, MEYERS - Frederick PA, MD, VA, TN
This past summer while traveling the old wagon road, "Rt. 11" thru Stephens City where many pioneers dating back to the early 1700's stopped over to have their wagons repaired for the long journey down the cumberland gap into the Carolina's from New England, Maryland and PA I found an old cemetery situated just off Main Street, Rt 11, and there lied one "Frederick MYERS". Inside of the small towns historical society office was an old land platt of the city dwellers, and it had Frederick MAYERS. I asked if this was one and the same and the curator told me that the MYERS traveled throu enroute to OHIO, while the MAYERS, from PA stayed though some did continue on into southern VA making their way into NC and TN.

I might have his stone photo online... check http://freepages.genealogy/rootsweb.com/~chrystiem/myersfam.... look under Virtual Town & Cemeteries - Click on Stephens City or VA - you might find him. I did go back again to Stephens City and again took photos of his grave and his wife, who's photo didn't turn out the 1st time and her name escapes me... Elizabeth or Sarah. It was fairly common for the era.

Also, another person out here whom I was in contact w/several months ago was a direct descendant of a Frederick MYERS and he told me he started out in Canada.

I also know from my own research that there was another Frederick MAYERS, seen spelled later as MIERS and MYERS was a direct descendant of Brantz MAYER of Baltimore, MD who's line came in thru Annapolis, MD migrating directly into Frederick, MD. Lines parted ways - some went into York, PA changing their spelling to MEYER; a few stayed in MD and others headed down thru VA into the Carolina's where it was written that they changed their name to MYERS.

SOURCE: I have the original book; copy can be found at Peabody Institute, Baltimore, MD.
Chrystie MYERS
per page

Find a board about a specific topic