Search for content in message boards

Dodd of Ayrshire Scotland

Dodd of Ayrshire Scotland

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dodd
Looking for any origin info on brothers Edward and Andrew Dodd who married Wilson sisters in Ayrshire Scotland in early 1800s then emigrated to Iowa.

Re: Dodd of Ayrshire Scotland

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 3:02AM GMT
I think this might be your Dodd family. Parents were Henry Dodd-b abt 1786 in Westmoreland England and Mary Wright, b abt 1796 in Leswalt Parish, Wigtownshire (died 11 Apr 1881 at Craigenveoch, Glenluce, Wigtownshire). They had 13 children--Andrew Wright Dodd was the 2nd oldest-b 1816 in Girvan Parish, Aryshire (possibly at Glessal Farm-see IGI). He married Christine Wilson, daughter of James Wilson and Jean/Jane Lusk. They moved to Iowa. Edward was the 2nd youngest, b-29 Mar 1838, Glessal Farm, Girvan Parish and died 14 May 1916 in Tama Co. Iowa. He married Janet Wilson, niece of Christine, daughter of West Wilson.
My connection is the 4th oldest son, Henry Dodd who was born 7 Jul 1821 at Glessal Farm. He married Margaret Wilson in 1871 at Knock, Old Luce, Wigtownshire. Margaret was born in 1839 at Little Shalloch, Barr Parish to John Wilson (my relative)and Janet McIlmorrow (she sometimes went by Janet McMurray). I do have some other information on the rest of the family if you are interested and of course if this is the same family.

Re: Dodd of Ayrshire Scotland

Posted: 19 Jan 2014 3:51AM GMT
I didn't see this message until now. What would you like to know about Andrew and Edward Dodd. My great grandfather was Edward and married the niece of his brother Andrew. My grandmother was Edwards daughter. Their wives were aunt and niece not sisters. I have the total origin if you'd like to know. I think we have communicated with each other before. The brothers were 22 years apart in age and when Edward was 18 he came to the US from Scotland and lived with his brother Andrew and his wife Christina. If you require anything further I have all the information you require. Regards, Margaret Ford Campbell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic