Search for content in message boards

RE: REQUILMAN CLAN

RE: REQUILMAN CLAN

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REQUILMAN
I AM ALWAYS BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT MY FAMILY NAME REQUILMAN. I DON'T KNOW OF ITS ACTUAL ORIGIN. FILIPINO SURNAMES IS NOT LIKE IT AND IT'S UNUSUAL TO INVENT SUCH A FAMILY NAME ESPECIALLY IN PROVINCE PARTICULARLY ILOCOS, PHILIPPINES. COSME REQUILMAN (DECEASED) WHO WAS BORN IN 1900 IS THE BEST PERSON TO ASK. THOUGH MY FATHER TOLD ME, THAT LAUREANO AND GREGORIO REQUILMAN WERE SUSPECTED AS GERMAN ORIGIN FROM ILOCOS THAT MIGRATED IN PANGASINAN.

KINDLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF THE REQUILMAN CLAN WAY BACK IN THE 1900. THANK YOU.

RAMON REQUILMAN
Attachments:

Re: RE: REQUILMAN CLAN

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Requilman
Hello Ramon, My name is Erika Requilman Valente and my grandfather was Eliseo Valdez Requilman born in Santol, La Union in 1910. I'm interested in finding relatives of my grandfather and saw your inquiry about our surname.

Do you know if maybe my grandfather was a relative of yours?
I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Requilman
I too have tried to find something about the origin of our family name.The story my father told me was that the name came from a german soldier?I know my mothers side was related to King Phillip of Spains brother who was in the P.I.Would like any info re.Requilman in the P.I.Thanks for looking..

Posted: 16 Feb 2014 2:47PM GMT
Hi Ramon,

Like nearly all Filipinos back in 1849/1850, they had to take a surname from a book that the govt. had. I looked for your name REQUILMAN and I think that it did come from the book however there's a large section in the "REQ" section of names where it's damaged.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions