Search for content in message boards

surman Hotel - Freeland, PA

surman Hotel - Freeland, PA

Posted: 26 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2003 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: surman, nohrer
I am searching for any information on the "Surman Hotel" in Freeland,PA around 1910 - or the Surman family that move to Upper Lehigh, PA for Freelend, PA

COTTAGE HOTEL in Freeland

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2004 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: LAKITSKY, MONTVILLE, HAYS
Cottage Hotel was/is located at 559 washington street Freeland Pa
My gdmother Katherine Montville, Lakitsky purchased in 1921 from John Fisher with her husband Andrew Lakitsky from Mahoney City.
They operated a hotel, saloon, meat market & dance hall.

Cottage hotel was orginally built for the HASS family.
According to Charles Stumpt's History of Freeland
I got the book & Charles address if nec ask.

Any hits?
Ed
ned@erols.com

Re: surman Hotel - Freeland, PA

Posted: 24 May 2003 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: SURMAN
My sister's mother-in-law is looking for information on her Surman family ancestors from Upper Lehigh, PA. Her grandfather was NICHOLAS SURMAN he married AUGUSTA HORN. Known children of this union were MARTHA ANNA, EDWARD, SARAH, FRED, HANNA, MILDRED, ANTHONY, plus 5 others. Any information you have that would be useful to her she would appreciate.

Re: surman Hotel - Freeland, PA

r. reppert (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2003 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Surman, Treiber, Nonher, Horn, Reppert, Brown, Casselberry, Kaercher
The only information that I have is that Nicholas was born in 1859 in Antwerp, germany and Augusta was born in 1868 in Liepzig, Germany and they were married in 1882 in Freeland, PA. My mother was told that Nicholas came to the US and Augusta came a few years later and the worked in a hotel together, She was told the Surman Hotel but I could not find any information to prove this. They then moved to Upper Lehigh, PA If you Sister-in-Law has any other infomation, I would like to her from her. Thanks

Re: COTTAGE HOTEL in Freeland

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2004 1:37PM GMT
Ed,
I recently discovered that the Fisher family that owed this hotel and the livery stable behind it is the same family I have been searching for for over 20 years.
We have talked in the past about this location on the Luzerne county message board.I hope you can help me out with more information on this family...and that you see this message!!!
Marianne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic