Search for content in message boards

Coffey's of Wayne Co. Ky

Coffey's of Wayne Co. Ky

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
My Coffey line starts with my Grandmother Eva Jane Coffey. She was married to Sheard William Martin. Both of Wayne Co. Ky. She was the daughter of Lina Mae Barnett and Jeff Coffey. He was the son of Lewis Coffey and Permelia Ann Tucker. He was the son of Lewis Coffey and Elizabeth Watters. He was the son of James Coffey and Sarah Emerline Sumpter. He was the son of James Coffey and Elizabeth Cleveland. He was the son of Rueben Coffey and Mildred Morris. He was the son of John Coffey and Jane Graves. He was the son of Edward Coffey and Ann Powell. If you are connected to this line of ancestors and would like to share info please let me know.

Kemberly Miller-Welch

Re: Coffey's of Wayne Co. Ky

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Coffey
Hi Kemberly,

The part of your Coffey line that you have listed begins in Virginia, and since you descend from Edward Coffey and Ann Powell, I guess that we are distant cousins (Edward & Ann are my 7th great grandparents). Of course, you have a ton of distant cousins in Virginia and North Carolina. If you are just beginning to explore your Coffey roots, I think you will be happy to find that there is a great deal of info available about the early Coffeys. Have you ever checked the Coffey Cousins website? Jack Coffee has a blog with a wealth of info, too.
I am always happy to "meet" another cousin. If I can be of any help, I am always happy to share what I have found.

Connie

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 2:59PM GMT
Kemberly your grandmother Eva Jane Coffey Martin and my grandfather Oscar Hayden Coffey are sister and brother. I was at great grandpa Jeffs house outside Monticello KY a month before he passed away on 30 Aug 1969, we got a picture of him (Jeff), my grandfather (Oscar), my dad (Haden), my brother (Kevin) and me (Ken) at that time. The only one I have of the four generations together. (great grandma had passed away on 7 Oct 1961) and then my grandfather Oscar passed away in Springfield, Sangamon Co IL in Feb 1973. To my knowledge our grandparents have one sister still living Velda Lee Coffey Wilson she should have turned 93 in Feb.
Of the five people in the picture I am the only one still living my dad passed away a few years ago and my brother Kevin "Butch" was shot and killed 28 Feb 2001 he was 47.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 2:17AM GMT
Hello Connie,
My aunt Nona has given me a book of the Coffey line so I have a good deal of info but always looking for any piece to add to the puzzle.
Kemberly

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 2:21AM GMT
Hello Ken,

Aunt Velda recently passed away. Have you ever meet any of Eva Janes children? I have some pictures of the family if your interested. I some of Jeff and his wife Lina Mae and I have some of Oscar.

Kemberly

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 11:49AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2012 11:50AM GMT
Your grandmother, Eva, was my grandpa's sister! My grandpa was Osro William Coffey (1916-1986). I have a cousin, Melanie Correll, who has done quite a bit of research on the Coffey ancestory.

Brian Coffey
Hamilton, Ohio
per page

Find a board about a specific topic