Search for content in message boards

Marriage Record and Birth Information

Marriage Record and Birth Information

Michael D. McAtee (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 11:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McAtee
Does anyone know if ages, birth dates or places are part of marriage records for Crawford County. The record of marriages online indicates that my great-grandfather, William Belton McAtee, was married to Ellen Marshall on 24 Dec 1885 in Crawford county. It is possible that William Belton McAtee is the son of Thomas McAtee of Hempstead County. If he was the son of Thomas he would have been about 43 years old when he married. My grandfather's (James Allen McAtee) Social Secuity Application indicates he was born in Uniontown on 4 Sep 1889 are there any records of births in the county that I could check to determine William Belton McAtee's age at the time of my grandfather's birth?

Re: Marriage Record and Birth Information

Joe E Smith (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 3:00PM GMT
Michael

The following marriage record is indicated on Page 23 of Marriage Book C: William B McAtee, age 19, was married to Ellen Marshall, age 19 on 24 Dec 1885 by Younger Coleman, M.G.

I don't know of any birth records that are maintained in Crawford Co, nor can I answer you descendance question. I also checked burial records but there aren't any McAtee's buried in Crawford Co.

Joe

Michael D. McAtee (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 4:10PM GMT
Joe
Thank you very much for taking the time to do the lookup of the marriage record. Also thanks for going to the extra effort to check the burial records. I'm not surprised to find there aren't any McAtee buried in Crawford county. My father, Horace Dow McAtee, was born in Washington county, he and my Grandfather, James Allen McAtee, later moved to California. It may be that my great grandfather William died in Washington County. Again thanks for all the help.

Mike

Diana (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 3:38AM GMT
Surnames: Bateman, Roberts, Pershall, Shannon
Could you possibly check for John D Shannon b 1836 and Lucy J Bateman b 1840, married abt 1858. Both were from Crawford County. Do you know I would look for birth records from apx 1860 in AR? Thanking you in advance.

Joe E Smith (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 8:51PM GMT
Diana

Marriage records, prior to 1877, were destroyed by a fire in the court house.

Birth records, according to the "Handybook for Genealogists", are kept in the Division of Vital Records but only go back to 1914.

If you can find them in the census, you may be out of luck.

Joe

Fran Warren (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Alverson Simmons Taylor Allen
Many individals also applied for a delayed birth certificate in order to benefit from the Social Security program and those are included in the Vital Records Department in Little Rock. Do not be mislead by the information that only births occuring before 1914 are recorded. I was able to find a delayed birth certificate for one of my ancestors at the County Court House in Van Buren, Arkansas. The applicant had to furnish two souces of proof which could include marriage records and Bible Records as well as sworn statements from various individuals.

Fran Warren (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 10:45PM GMT
If you McAtee was born in Uniontown, I believe he was related to George W. McAtee who lived in close proximity to Uniontown during that era.

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2005 6:23PM GMT
Fran,
I also believe George W. McAtee and my Grandfather were related. Possibly bothers. Do you have any information on George W. McAtee?

Mike

Julia Myers (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 11:42PM GMT
have a William McAtee parents were George&Serepta McAtee siblings werenaomi,ruth,virginia samuel,julia,charles and a step-brother name edmund ritchie any help would be appreciated 1880 census van buren co. ar

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 8:21PM GMT
I am not sure about the 1885 marraige cert. However, my G.Grandparents were married in 1909 and all it has is their date of birth and residence. Along with the date of marraige.
And signed by the rev. who performed the ceromony.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic