Search for content in message boards

Franklin, Charles G.

Franklin, Charles G.

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Franklin, Courtier, Brand
Succumbing to an illness of only ten days duration, Charles G. Franklin died Wednesday morning at 8:45 at the home of his daughter-in-law, Mrs. Nellie Franklin, in Janesville where he had resided for three years.

Mr. Franklin was born on March 8, 1833, in Morristown, New York. When ten years old he moved to Beloit with his parents, and since that time has resided in that vicinity and Clinton, except for the few years spent in Perry, Iowa.

In 1859, he was united in marriage to Ellen Brand, of Clinton. During most of his life he had been a farmer, and was recognized as a man of sterling character. He was very favorably known in this city and vicinity, where he leaves five nephews, Fred, Frank, Lewis, Leon, and A. G. Franklin and a niece, Mrs. Bourtier Courtier. He is also survived by his wife, and four children.

Funeral arrangements had not been made at the time of our going to press.

January 25, 1917, p. 1, col. 5, Evansville Review, Evansville, Wisconsin

Re: Franklin, Charles G.

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 4:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Clara Franklin. I was wondering if she is one of charles' daughter.

Dennis Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 9:58PM GMT
Ruth Ann passed along your posting regarding Clara Franklin possibly being related to Charles G. Franklin (1833-1917).

I have been researching a line of Franklin's that settled in southern Wisconsin in the 1840's.

Charles was a brother to Samuel Franklin (1823-1870). Samuel had a daughter, Clara L. Franklin (1864-1927). She married Lelland Burr ("Bert") Courtier (1861-1948).

Another brother was Enos Franklin, who lived out his life in Sioux City, Iowa.

I have been unable to confirm their ancestry, but my belief is these three were sons of Enos Franklin (1794-1871) and Harriet Franklin (1804-??). There may have been another sibling, Silas W. Franklin (1829-1852).

The more complete obit for Charles appeared in an area newspaper. It listed his survivors as:

Spouse (Ellen Brand Franklin -- I have her family history)
Four children:
Mrs. Walter Birdsall (LaJuanta, Colorado)
Mrs. E.C. Tarrant (Prowers, Colorado)
C.E. Franklin (Chicago,Illinois)
H.O. Franklin (East Troy, Wisconsin)

Charles was preceded in death by a son, William G. Franklin (d. January 1895)

Charles and Ellen were married in 1859 at Clinton, WI and farmed near there until moving to Beloit, WI in 1905.

Contact me via e-mail if you need/want more details.

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 7:16AM GMT
Clara Franklin is my GG grandmother. They had three children; Erle Louis, Hazel Mae and Gladys Marie. Erle is my Ggrandfather. I don't know much about him. But I got to know Erle's wife Ethal Lenora Sweet. She loved to make dolls for me. I still have some that she made me. As far as Clara and Lellan Courtier I don't know anything. If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thanks,
And if I find out anymore information on any body I will let you know. Thanks, Candy

Posted: 1 Oct 2005 3:06AM GMT
I have been looking for any history on Enos Franklin who married a girl, Ina Ackerson/ Ackerman from Iowa in the1880's. They had 3 children however Ina died when the eldest was 6yrs old. Ring any bells?

Posted: 1 Oct 2005 3:17AM GMT
I have been looking for any history on Enos Franklin who married a girl, Ina Ackerson/ Ackerman from Iowa in the1880's. They had 3 children however Ina died when the eldest was 6yrs old. Ring any bells?

Dennis Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2005 2:17AM GMT
Samuel Franklin (1823-1870) and Charles G. Franklin (1833-1917) had a brother Enos Franklin who left the family farm near Clinton, Rock County, WI circa 1879-80 and lived out his life in Iowa. Enos attended Charles' 50th Wedding Anniversary in Beloit, WI in December 1909. At the time, Enos was a resident of Sioux City, IA. Two women attending the anniversary celebration (maybe his daughters?) were Mrs. Kittie Davis (Moville, IA) and Mrs. Flora Flint (Davenport, IA). Contact me if you want to know more about the Franklin lineage -- I don't have much prior to Samuel/Chas/Enos.

Re: Courtier, Clara L. Franklin

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Courtier, Franklin, Leeder, Chapin
OBITUARY

Clar L. Franklin, daughter of Samuel and Sarah Franklin, was born February 15, 1864 in the town of Union, and departed from this life January 21, 1927. She has resided most of her life in the township of Rutland.

On March 13, 1887, she was united in marriage to Burr Courtier, who is left with three children, Erle L., Mrs. Oliver Chapin, Mrs. Wm. Leeder and five grandchildren to mourn her loss. She also leaves five brothers, Arthur, Lew, Frnak, Fred, and Leon Franklin. Since her early life she has been a member of the Union Baptist church. She was a member of the Columbia Chapter, 29, O. E. S., and the W. C. T. U., of Brooklyn.

The funeral services were held Sunday afternoon at the Masonic Temple, when after the sermon by the Rev. Pratt, of the Baptist Church, the Order of the Eastern Star, rendered their beautiful service in honor of their departed sister.

Interment was in Maple Hill Cemetery.

Card of Thanks

We wish to thank the friends and neighbors, who have been so kind to us in our sorrow.

For the many deeds and floral offering the work of Columbia Chapter 29, O. E. S. Brooklyn Chapter 335, O. E. S., the W. C. T. U., the Union Lodge 32, F. & A. M. Waucoma Lodge 90, F. & A. M. for the comforting words of Rev. Pratt and the songs by Mrs. Dake, we sincerely thank you. Burr Courtier and family.

Evansville Review, January 27, 1927, p. 5, col. 3 & 4, Evansville, Wisconsin

Re: Franklin, Samuel

Posted: 27 Jan 2009 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Franklin
Mr. Franklin of Union, died very suddenly on Tuesday morning last. He was in Evansville Monday apparently well, but complained of being chilly, after having procured an overcoat, although the day was very warm, returned home and died at 6 o'clock the next morning.

May 25, 1870, Evansville Review, p. 1, col. 6, Evansville, Wisconsin

Franklin, Samuel, died May 17, 1870,
(Tombstone inscription from Union Baptist cemetery, Union township, Rock County, Wisconsin)

Re: Franklin, Enos

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: Franklin
Very many of the readers of the Gazette will be pained to learn that Enos Franklin, who for thirty years has resided in this vicinity, died at his residence in Union on the 17th inst.September 27, 1871, Janesville Gazette, p. 2, col. 2, Clinton news, Janesville, Wisconsin

also see Findagrave Website
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=2...;
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions