Search for content in message boards

Waldo-Bryant marriage in Bay City

Waldo-Bryant marriage in Bay City

Posted: 8 Nov 2005 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waldo, Bryant
Am re-sending this to update my e-mail address.

Also, does anyone know why a couple living in Tuscola County would marry in Bay County?

Still seeking information about siblings, parents and/or descendents of William Butler WALDO and Pamelia Irene BRYANT who were married 17 July 1863 in Bay City, Bay, Michigan. Their parents were Alvin WALDO & Nancy BUTLER, and George BRYANT & Mary Ann BARKER (or PARKER?). William and Pamelia eventually moved to Iowa, but all 4 of their parents died in Michigan. Will be glad to exchange information about these people and their relatives.

Re: Waldo-Bryant marriage in Bay City

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 8:52PM GMT
Bay and Tuscola counties border each other. People living in the area did not think of them as separate places and moved across county lines constantly.

George Bryant died in Fairgrove township on 17 Apr 1865. At the time his heirs were

Eliza Goodale, Cleveland, Ohio
Fidelia Childs, Russell, Ohio
Martha Beach, Akron, Michigan
Emily Bryant, Akron, Michigan
Millie P / Pamelia P / Amelia A Waldo, Akron, Michigan
Ransford Bryant, Fairgrove, Michigan
Silas Bryant, Fairgrove, Michigan
Hattie E Bryant, Fairgrove

The various spellings of the first name of Pamelia Waldo are from different parts of the estate file.

Owned N2 NE4 section 10 town 13n range 8e obtained with certificate 5349 from the Genesee Land Office on 15 Dec 1856. You can find an original certificate which you can copy on the Bureau of Land Management site.

Some of the children were under 'legal' age and had to have guardians appointed

J Deville Dennis for Emily Bryant
Birdsey Perkins for Silas Bryant
DW Leonard for Hattie Bryant
Charles H Beach for Pamelia P Waldo

George Bryant purchased lot 91, Akron township burying ground in section 23 near the house of James Dennis on 5 Jul 1865, from the Board of Health. I don't think there are grave markers on the lot, and no early sexton records.

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Waldo
Thanks for all the information you gave about George's heirs (and about why people married in Bay City). I have his probate record and land record, but there was no mention of all the places of residence of the heirs you listed in the probate. Perhaps you had a different source about the estate? I would love to know your source.

Also the guardians confused me. Emily was 20; would she still need a guardian? Pamelia was 25 and married. Silas was already dead, so this Silas must be his grandson, also named Silas; his guardian was his other grandfather. Hattie's information was in George's probate file.

Are you related to this family? Either way, I thank you for your answer. Maybe now I can find Eliza, knowing her residence.

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 1:47AM GMT
I tried the address you gave, both with no spaces and with the spaces replaced with underscores, but both were undeliverable.

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 9:33AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic