Search for content in message boards

Odrzykon/Mecinka, Poland

Odrzykon/Mecinka, Poland

Laurie Healey (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jarek, Wozniak, Ras, Letkowicz, Such, Grybala
I am looking for anyone that may have information on the following surnames:
Franciszek JAREK b. 3/27/1879 Odrzykon, Poland (nr. Krosno) Came to the US in 1903 and settled in Lowell, MA.
His parents' names: Jozef & Mary Ras
His grandparents' names: Antoni Jarek & Marii Such/Antoni Ras & Reginy Grzybala

Franciszek married Antonina WOZNIAK 11/4/1905 in Lowell, MA. Antonina was born 5/9/1889 in Mecinka, Poland.
Her parents' names: Jacenty & Agnieszka Letkowicz
I would love to hear from anyone with a connection.
Thank you, Laurie

Odrzykon

Stan Vingle (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grzybala, Wozniak, Rajs

Hi Laurie!

My great grandfather was Jan Grzybala. He was born in Odrzykon. He married Apolonia Kilar in Feb. 1846, in Miejsce Piastowe, just south of Krosno. He died in MP on Dec. 15, 1875. My grandmother was Maryanna Grzybala, born in MP Mar 24 1869, came to US in 1890.

On Feb. 18, 1908 at Monongah, WV, my cousin, Michael Grzybala, married Apolonia Wozniak, born at unknown location in Poland, on Feb. 9, 1879.

There is also a Rajs in my family tree, Don't know if that and Ras might be the same.

There was also a Ludwig Grzybala, from Odrzykon, who lived in Mass. He was born in 1908 and died in 1988.

I don't know if we have a connection here, but if you are willing to exchange info, write to me via email.

Stan Vingle
stanvingle@prodigy.net

Frank Jarek

Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jarek
Mary,
Hi! No, I doubt my Frank Jarek & yours are the same people. After coming from Poland, it is my belief that Frank spent most of his time in Mass.
Sorry I couldn't be of further help.
Laurie

Frank Jarek

Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:21AM GMT
I've been told that my father's name was Frank Jarek. He lived in Milwaukee. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Odrzykon/Mecinka, Poland

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 4:27PM GMT
Hi Laurie, My name Maribeth (Ras) Redick. I also am doing research on my grandfather Jacenty Ras. My Jacenty Ras died 1926 or 1927 at the age of 35. He came from the Austrian part of Poland. He married my grandmother Rozalia Adamski. He was married before meeting my grandmother but due to an illness she died. I am just getting started in my search and am trying anything that may be what i am looking for. If this is someone that may be who you are looking for also please e-mail me. Thank you!

Re: Odrzykon/Mecinka, Poland

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 2:22PM GMT
Hi Laurie,
my wozniak family was from jedlicze and Mecinka. Are you still researching?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions