Search for content in message boards

Wolfe family 1860

Wolfe family 1860

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wolf Wolfe Hammon Prather Hill Duboise
hello all I'm searching for some info on the Wolfe family listed on the 1860 census..
Clementine
Hamilton
Simeon
Armion

any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Wolfe family 1860

Posted: 13 May 2009 5:40PM GMT
Hello, Ammon (correct spelling) was my husband's great-grandfather. He married Mary Ellen Sieg and they had 11 or 12 children. I don't have my info in front of me, but he died on or about 3/25/1925 in Cole County, MO. He served in the civil war. Mary Ellen lived to be almost 101 yrs of age. There daughter Dora (husband's grandmother) lived to be 93 yrs old, dying 1/16/83 in Lawton, Oklahoma. If memory serves me right, she had a sister named Betty who lived to be 108 yrs of age. Dora had 10 (I think) kids. They are all gone now, except one. I will try to get you more info as I have some info on the other family members. I don't get on here very often as I am so busy but will try to do this shortly.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks

Posted: 16 May 2009 6:58PM GMT
I too would be very much interested in seeing your WOLF family line information. I have been searching for many years and have yet to connect WITH DOCUMENTATION the Lucretia Clementine (maiden name unknown) WOLF (abt1800 TN-abt 1872 MO)family lines with my William V. (1817 KY)and Sarah Ann "Sally" (Gibson-1827 MO) WOLF family lines, all of Osage County Missouri according to the 1840 to 1870 census. William V and Sarah A WOLF married in Osage Co Missouri and both died / buried in Lawton Oklahoma, laying to rest in the Highland Cemetery together. Wm V and Sarah are my 3rd great grandparents, and his parents are unknown. I find it very interesting that you speak of "Dora" who died in Lawton Oklahoma, as my 3rd great grandparents did. Wm V and Sarah had two children; Mary and John. Mary died in Lawton Oklahoma, Highland Cemetery as well. Her name was Mary Lucretia (Wolf) Cleveland born of Osage County Missouri.. John is buried in Marshall Oklahoma, North IOOF Cemetery, born of Osage Co MO.

Posted: 1 May 2011 4:29AM GMT
I was going through some old posts and found yours. How are you related to the Wolf family? Simeon was my great-great-grandfather. His father was Christopher Wolf and his mother was Lucretia Clementine de Valence. I'm trying to find where both lines originated. People keep trying to tag Grandfather Christopher with a German background, and there was another Christopher Wolf in the same area as the family in 1860, but he lived with a grandson who was not related to us. Lucretia was always listed in the censuses as married, not widowed, but Christopher was never listed in the censuses. We are looking for a Cherokee link to these ancestors; the fact that Christopher was always missing makes me wonder why. Lucretia told the census taker on at least two occasions that her husband was born in Virginia.
They lived in the Osage County area of Missouri.

Simeon's brothers were Ammon and Hampton, and probably John and William. They had a sister, Lavina. Lucretia was born in Tennessee about 1800-1805. I've wondered if she was Native American and her mother was married to a French trapper/trader. My dad and his two sisters have said we have Cherokee on four sides of the family.

If you have learned anything that could help with this lineage I would appreciate a contact. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 8:33PM GMT
Dont know if it helps, But I remember Dora Wolfe talking about having a relative that either helped build the Titanic or was on it when it set sail. She use to have a book she would show off but it has been lost for a very long time and no one remembers what the title of the book was. Being that it was contracted to be built by the Wolff shipping company and that it set sail from Ireland ?? Leaves me with more questions then answers but It may help others. TY

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 1:30AM GMT
Nettie, the last email I sent came back to me, so I thought I'd try here. I wondered if you saw this post from a few years back:

Hello researchers,

Our family is trying to find a Lucretia Clementine (maiden name unknown). She was born abt 1800 in TN. She married a Wolfe bef. 1817. His name is most likely John. Our family has hit a brick wall. Hopefully someone on Lucretia's side or if the Wolfe she married's relatives that are unknown at this time are hunting also. She moved to Kentucky where she and her first son, William Valentine {Valence?}on 10 Dec 1817. From there the family moved back through TN, where she had her second child, Sally. Two sons, Nathan and John, were born somewhere between there and Missouri. Her four youngest children, Lavinia, Hampton, Simeon, and Ammon were born in MO. We are not sure if Lucretia and John were married in TN or KY.

I recieved an email today that indicated that John may have been from Canada or England. It is listed on a census record that William V is located in.

Happy Hunting,
Brandi

and also this one:

Re: Parents of Ammon Wolfe
Posted by: Brandi Qualset (ID *****3078)
Date: February 01, 2007 at 21:34:34
In Reply to: Re: Parents of Ammon Wolfe by Doug Corbin
of 50984

Thank you so much! I didn't know that you could find that online. I am sending it on to one of the people that knows more about the family than me to see what she thinks. I don't know as much about Simeon, but the birth year she has for him is very close to the one on the death certificate.

Then, of particular interest, although somewhat different:

Wolfe Family reunion
Posted by: Brandi Qualset (ID *****3078)
Date: June 26, 2006 at 11:35:17
of 4183

For anyone interested, there will be a Wolfe family reunion in Arkansas on 1 July 2006. The line we are researching is mainly George Washington Wolfe and Zella Delmar Coffelt. Although everyone is welcome. One of the main people we are trying to find is the grandfather of George Washington Wolfe. His wife's name was Leucretia Clementine. He has several children: William Valentine Wolfe, Sally Wolfe, Nathan Wolfe, John Wolfe, Lavina Wolfe, Hampton Wolfe, Ammon Wolfe, and Simeon Wolfe.
If you would like information on the reunion, or if you have information you would like to pass on to our researchers, please email me at brandiqualset@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Brandi
please e-mail

It seems certain Brandi Qualset is related to us but it was a very long time ago that these posts were made and I haven't found anything recent. You've been doing this longer than I have and I wondered if you had shared information with Brandi.

Thanks for any info you can share. I hope you are doing well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions