Search for content in message boards

David CORIELL

David CORIELL

Bruce S. Evans (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CORIELL, CORYELL, CORIEL
I am searching for the parents of David CORIELL of Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey. David CORIELL was born at Piscataway about 1704. He died there between
1777-1779. He was married to Elsje SLECHT about 1727. The family home was at Quibbletown, now called Newmarket. The
CORIELL family attended church at the historic old Reformed
Dutch Church at Raritan.

David Coriell

Sandra Cain (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell, Slack
I have a Abraham Coriell (French spelling is Querella), a Freeholder in Piscataway, Middlesex Co., N.J. in 1702. His name with others is from the East Jersey Records through the Elizabeth Bill in Chancery. The first public record of him is in the Piscataway Township Record and the name is there spelled Corriell. Abraham's Coriell's mark for "Cattel, Horses, and Hoogs is three slits in ye right ear. One in ye top of ye ear and a slit on each side. Entered this first Day of September, 1702. (signed) Edmund Slater, Towne Clerk."

He probably came over with the Scotch and English emigrants who were exposed to not a little persecution from the Nationsl Church at home, and who landed by ship load at Amboy and penetrated up the Raritan in the early years of 1700.

Children of Abraham Coriell
1. Abraham of Piscataway, Middlesex Co., wife Catryntie ?
2. Emanuel of Lambertville, Hunterdon Co., wife Sarah Tunison
3. David of Piscataway, Middlesex Co, wife Elsie Slack
4. Samuel of Bridgewater, Somerset Co., "wife and children"

David Coriell, son of Abraham Coriell of Piscataway, born in 1702, married Elsie Slack. He bought land in Piscataway of Alexander MacDowell of Perth Amboy, July 28, 1730.

There is more but thought this might help you.

CORYELL, Samuel

Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: CORIELL, CORYELL
Sorry , had my email address with a capital r, should be lower case, for Middlesex Co., NJ and for the Samuel CORIELL
query.

Samuel CORYELL, son of Abraham

Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CORYELL, CORIELL, CORRIELL, VAN COURT
I am from Samuel CORIELL b. 1718 in Piscataway Twn., Middlesex, NJ. He married a Miss VAN COURT probally around
1730. Then from his son, Joseph christianed 5 Jan. 1743 in Raritan, Somerset, NJ. Do you have any more information on
Samuel's family? Thanks.

David Coriell descendants

Lisa Coriell Davis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell, Corriell, Coryell, Querella
I am a descendant of David Coriell & Elsie Schlect/Slack (via Richard Coriell & Sarah Smalley ). I know David's father...Abraham Coriell of Middlesex County (Piscataway Township, New Jersey).I can't seem to find David's mother's name either, & would like to trace the French line. Please let me know if you found anything about David Coriell, his dad Abraham, or Abraham's wife. Thanks!

Coriell family of New Jersey

Lisa Coriell Davis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell, Corriell, Coryell, Querella
If Samuel had a brother named David Coriell out of the Middlesex county, New Jersey area,then we are of the same line. Please let me know! Thanks!

Abraham and David Coriell

Sandra Cain (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell, Slack, Heth, Emans, Smalley
We may be reading the same history handed down by family but what I have is:

The Coriells were a Huguenot family who escaped from France into Holland about the time of the Revolution of the Edict of Nanes, October 22, 1685.

From Holland it is said they went to England. The first of the name in America of which there is any public record was Abraham Coriell of Piscataway in 1702.

I have no record of Abraham's wife.

Let us know if you find anything. Thanks

Coriell family

Linda W Stout (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell
I am looking for information on Peter Coriell born10-16-1825 inMiddlesex Co, New Jersey. He was married to Henrietta Martin, also born in New Jersey. They moved to Illinois.My great grandmother was his daughter, Adrianna I have no other information but would love to know who Peter's parents were.Thanks Linda

Samuel CORIELL of NJ

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CORYELL, CORIELL, VAN COURT, COOPER
At first I had a Miss VAN COURT for Samuel Coryell's ( b. 1718 in Piscataway Twshp., Middlesex, NJ) wife. Samuel's will says that Elias VAN COURT was a full cousin. Elias's wife said to be Ann COOPER. Will proved 25 Feb 1760 in Trenton, NJ. So I don't know for sure. Source: 929.273 Al #3479 a pamphlet at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. Samuel was a tavern keeper. Don't have a wife for Abraham either.
Suzette

Coriell

Ann Lock (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Coriell
I have just started researching my husbands family. Sometime ago I was given a descendency for Abraham CORIELL m. Lydia ROWLEY; David CORYELL m. Elsie SLECHT; Abraham CORYELL m. Esther HETH; Elias CORYELL m. Lucretia COVERT; Isaac CORIELL m. Elizabeth LEWIS; Sanford CORRIELL m. Lucinda HUSTED; Martha CORRIELL m. Benjamin MENTINK; Verda MENTINK m. Ralph A. LOCK; George R. LOCK m. Ann EVERLINE. This is the line I am researching. Is anyone else researching this line? I have some dates for the afore mentioned.

Thanks for any help and I will exchange info with others researching this family.

Ann Lock amel_@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions