Search for content in message boards

Bowen (BOEN)/Batchelder(BATCHELDOR)

Bowen (BOEN)/Batchelder(BATCHELDOR)

James J Bowen (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2004 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Nov 2004 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Batcheldor, Batchelder, Bowen, Boen, Lambert
I have reason to believe that my gr gr grandmother was Mary Ann Batchelder, Married to William Bowen(BOEN)(Born About 1820) of New Brunswick.Vital Records of Swanville, Waldo Maine (1839)show the marriage intent.The Waldo 1840 census shows William S. Bowen as Head of Household with 1 female aged 20-30. Mary Ann was the daughter of Joseph and Mehitable BACHELDOR
Info from the Bangor,ME census records, suggests that Mary and Willaim had 2 children by their marriage, Henry born 1842 and John, born 1845,1846-John is my gr grandfather and served in the Civil War. Census states born Bangor.
William remarried (Hannah Lambert)and had at least 2 other children.
Does anyone have any information about a Bowen Line in their family?

Re: Bowen (BOEN)/Batchelder(BATCHELDOR)

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 9:39PM GMT
Hi,
I have a Almina S. Bowen, born abt.1838 m. Andrew e. Batchelder, they had 3 children, Horace, George W. & Alice Batchelder. I'm not sure if any of my Batchelder ancestors belongs to your family tree, but I thought I'd let you know about Almina Bowen, also I have seen her name as: Elmina or Elmira??? Hope this helps. Sandy

Re: Bowen (BOEN)/Batchelder(BATCHELDOR)

Posted: 1 May 2012 2:27PM GMT
Hi,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. Horace Batchelder is my ggrandfather Horace m. Bessie Field and they had 3 son's Gilbert, Robert, Earl, I also heard that they adopted a son (Lowell ?). My grandfather is Gilbert Batchelder. I have been trying to
research this family, I have found a lot of info but I am mainly looking for stories about what happened to them and photos. I guess this does make us related somewhere on this ancestry line of Batchelder's/Bowen's. Thank you again. Sandy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions