Search for content in message boards

Benjamin>Micajah>John>Silas> Bennett

Benjamin>Micajah>John>Silas> Bennett

Donna Nissen (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 9:16AM GMT
Looking for info on the Benjamin>Micajah, John Mills>Silas Bennett line, especially anything prior to Benjamin. Will be happy to share info.

Micajah, John

Jan Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 7:46AM GMT
My great great grandfather and my grandfather were both named Micajah. A brother of gggrandfather named John. All in Wilson Co., TN -- Micajah and John's father was William F. Bennett from GA or NC. Any connection?

Re: Benjamin>Micajah>John>Silas> Bennett

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been searching for the parents of my ancestor, Micajah Bennett, who was a Baptist minister in Newberry Co., SC. He died there in 1798. We do not know when or where he was born. Where and when did your Benjamin Bennett live and die? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Maria Brown

Re: Micajah, John

Louis Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2005 1:57AM GMT
I have a gggrandfather named john bennett also. 1 of his sons is James. His son was Claudie. His son was Charles then my dad and then myself. I live in Wilson co. TN

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 5:04AM GMT
Surnames: Bennett
We have our Benjamin Bennett , son of John Bennett, born 1772 in Georgia. By early 1800s they were in Wilkes Co GA area on Lightwood Log Creek. Some areas in there was in SC until the state lines got settled.
We have considered the possibility therefore, that our John might have been the J/hn in the estate settlement of Rev. Micajah Bennett.
My father (b 1882) had family papers on his grandfather Micajah Bennett born 1792 in Georgia.
Always welcome working with others researching this line.
E. Bennett

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 12:33AM GMT
I may have some ancestors that could be related to your John or Micajah.
They are Aaron Bennett (witness to a land survey 1793 Effington county Georgia,1804 land plat/warrent Bulloch county Georgia,1826 land grant from Ga. Governor,1820 Federal census Emanuel county Georgia).
His two sons ,John b 1800,and Benjamin L b 1802.
Any of this sound familiar.
Bill Bennett bennettslanding@bellsouth.net

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 12:57AM GMT
We have considered it likely that other Bennetts early in MS might be related, but have not been pursuing it. We have no AArons, but can you trace yours back to Franklin/Wilkes Co GA nest there 1783-1820 : Benjamin, Cooper, James, John Jr, Jesse & his son John, Hardy, Hardin, Hezekiah, Moses, Thomas & William?
Glad to have others working on this line, as I am trying to finish my mother's Ehrharts.

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: John and Hezekiah Bennett
I have a Hezekiah Bennett in my family tree born abt 1805 in NC. He was the son of John Bennett, who was born abt 1765-died 1837 in Monroe County, MS. (not sure of place of birth but NC. is listed on the Giles County, TN. census in 1820). I know there couldn't be that many Hezekiah Bennetts with his father's name John Bennett. I wish I could find where they connect to other Bennetts.

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 7:20PM GMT
It is surprising how many Micajah Bennetts & Hezekiah Bennetts there are- or were 2oo years ago. It takes lots of digging into wills & land records in trying to sort them out. The "Handbook of American Genealogy" by Frederick Adams Virkus pub 1932 had reference to an 800 page "Bennett Family of South Carolina" by Miss Annie B. Jones. Being that early on the scene, she MAY have those early Bennetts there all sorted out. I have not been able to find a copy of it. If anyone knows of a copy, I'd sure like to know.
Jeffsmary- have you followed your Hezekiah thru the years? Could he be the one on Flat Creek of Franklin Co, GA 1810 tax/poll lists ? Since he's not listed in the deeds we found, he may not have stayed long enough to buy land.

Re: Micajah, John

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 7:23PM GMT
Jan- Dates are necessary to know what Micajah or John you mean.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic