Search for content in message boards

So. NJ Camp,Vanzant, Spence, Hollingshead, and Hayes

So. NJ Camp,Vanzant, Spence, Hollingshead, and Hayes

sarah (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 6:17PM GMT
I'm looking for the branch of the Camp family tree that grew in Cumberland, Salem and Cape May Counties, New Jersey bef. 1800.
The family names are;
Camp (Asa Dusky, etc.)
Spence (Isaac),
Vanzant/Vansant (Lydia P. and her family), Hollingshead and Hayes.

I have information/dates on theirs parents, siblings and decendants.

Anyone out there connected?

Hollingshead

Helen Belue (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 6:58AM GMT
I'm interested in the Hollingsheads. Helen

Camp Vanzant ancestors in NJ

Terry Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2000 12:07PM GMT
Sarah, I am interested in talking with you about your Cape May County NJ Vanzant and Camp relatives. I also have connections there! E-mail me at TCarl12979@aol.com

Camps of New Jersey

David L. Camp (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2000 8:23AM GMT
I am interested in any Camp family from NJ. My G,g, grandfather was born there in 1817, but I don't know where. Niether do I know his parents names. Dcamp@peoplepc.com

Re: So. NJ Camp,Vanzant, Spence, Hollingshead, and Hayes

Georgeanna (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2002 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hahn/Vanzant/Camp
Hi! My gggggrandad is the brother of Elizabeth Hahn, who married Jacob Vanzant, and is the mother of Lydia P. Vanzant. Looking to add on to another branch of the Hahn family. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you Georgeanna Hann-Billman

Emma Muldoon (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2003 2:27PM GMT
I, too, descend from your line of Vanzant, Hann, Hollingshead, Spence, Hayes, etc.

Got back to Jacob Hann (Hahn) the immigrant, but can't get back much further than Jacob Vanzant. Do you know who his father was?

georgeanna (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2003 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Vanzant
Hi, Thank you for your reply, but I can't help much on the Vanzant line. My research right now is focused on the hann side, but I'll try to find out as much info on Jacob Vanzant for you. Thanks again...Georgeanna Hann-Billman

Posted: 18 Nov 2004 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: CAMP
I did my husband's CAMP genealogy--got it back about 8 or 9 generations. The majority of it is Cumberland and some Cape May Counties--Belleplain, Millville, West Creek, Eldora...if any of these names sound familiar, email me and I am more than happy to share what I have!

husband's grandmother--Zilphey (!) CAMP
her parents-John CAMP, Mary Reed(e)
her siblings-Johnathan, William, Pearl, Virginia/Jennie, UKNOWN

Ugh, not enough room to list too much! This family is huge and hasn't left this area in about 150 years...

Look forward to hearing from any CAMP or 'Belleplain' relatives!

Heather Tucker
(CAMP, MASON, BEEBE, HESS, JOHNSON, HEATON, PANCOAST...and a billion other more!)

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Camp/Riley
Hi,
I don't know if you can help me or not but thought I would give it a try. My great grandmother was Hannah Camp who married Charles Riley after 1850 as my grandfather was born in 1885.
Thanks,
Florence Riley Scuderi

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 10:11AM GMT
I have this Camp line back to Lars Camp who had 10 known children: Joseph, John, Paul, Tobias, Lars, Christina, Andreas, Catharina, Brigita, and Daniel.

Joseph Camp m. Eleanor and they had 6 known children: Joseph Jr. (ca 1748 NJ), Ezekiel, William, Jacob, Joel, and John.

Joseph Camp, Jr. m. Mary Hoffman and they had twelve known children: David (ca1774), Eli (ca1776), Rhoda (ca1778), Daniel (ca1779), Thomas (29 Feb 1780), Elijah (17 Dec 1784), James Dusky (ca1785), Phebe (ca1787), Elizabeth (ca1789), Hannah (ca1791), Sarah (ca1793), and Asa Dusky (1802).

James Dusky Camp m. Sarah Hand and had 4 known children: Matthew (ca1819), Rhoda (ca1820), Joseph (1821), and Sarah (1825).

Joseph Camp m. Lydia P VanZant (daughter of Jacob VanZant and Elizabeth Hahn/Hawn) and had 9 known children: Leonard (ca1845), Mary (ca1849), Asa Dusky (20 July 1850), Catherine C (ca1852), Margaret (June 1854), Abraham B (13 Sept 1856), James Dusky Jr. (ca1858), Sarah (ca1862), and Jacob V (9 Oct 1863).

Asa Dusky Camp m. Sarah Spence 'Sallie' Hollingshead. She was the daughter of James and Sarah A Hollingshead and the granddaughter of John Hollingshead and Catherine Errickson. Asa and Sallie had 10 known children.

I don't have a Spence connection, but have always assumed that James Hollingshead's wife, Sarah A, was a Spence given the name they gave their daughter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions