Search for content in message boards

CARROLL`s of Bell Co.,Ky.Campbell,Claiborne Co., Tn.

CARROLL`s of Bell Co.,Ky.Campbell,Claiborne Co., Tn.

Sue Carroll-Blosser (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1999 12:47PM GMT
Researching James Wesley Nancy Ann (York)Carroll.They are my gr. gr. grandparents. Children were; Catherine, Rubin, Sarah, Elizabeth (Betty), Mary, Lundy, William, James Morten (Mote), Alice, Sheridan. I am related through Rubin. I cannot get passed James Wesley. He was born 12/1835 in Virginia?. Any leads would be greatly appreciated on his siblings or parents. He lived mostly in Claiborne Co. but his children lived in Campbell, Claiborne, Tn. and Bell Co., Ky..
E-mail me at rollacre@foryou.net THANKS

Carroll''s in KY/TN

Debby Hoover (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 9:40AM GMT
My greatgrandmother was Betty (Elizabeth)Carroll. She married Speed Turner. My grandfather (her son) was William Wesley Turner. But he always was known by Wes Turner. My father is Ben Turner. I have sent e-mail to you with a little more info
Anyone with info on these Carroll's can also e-mail me at chi@qix.net

Carroll''s in KY/TN

Debby (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 1999 10:03AM GMT
I have sent via e-mail the info I have on the Carroll's.

James MORTEN (Mote)

Posted: 1 Nov 1999 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 9:57AM GMT
Just read your posting and wondered if you knew the history behind the MORTEN part of James's name. I am searching for a James MORTON/MORTEN who lived in Union County, TN during the 1830 census. After that I cannot locate him. It's my understanding that one of the MORTON(en) brothers moved to Bell County, KY, thus my interest in your information. Thanks so very much. Nina

Morten

Sue Blosser (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 1999 2:35AM GMT
Hi,
Sorry about this but James Morten (Mote) last name was Carroll, Morten was where he got his Mote name from. If I come across any Morten/Morton name I`ll be sure to let you know.
Posted: 2 Nov 1999 6:10AM GMT
Yes, I was aware that his last name wasn't MORTEN, but I wondered how that name was chosen as his middle name. Sometimes people were named after friends or neighbors and I was hoping if you knew, it would give me a lead. Sorry I didn't word it better. Nina

Morten

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 1999 6:50AM GMT
Oh thats ok.. I don`t know where he had gotten his name of Morten. Thats interesting though about possibly being named after a neighbor. Have you done any research in Census records?

MORTEN/MORTON

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 4:51AM GMT
Sue, I've been working in census records forever. My little "hobby" (according to my husband) is somewhat near the national debt in expenses. Ha. But, it's so much fun. Good luck to you. Nina

William Carroll

Marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1999 4:43AM GMT
My GGF was Willie/William Carroll. He was married to Belle. They lived in Fonde, Ky in Bell Co. He was a trapper. I know very little about them, my GMother was Cora Carroll Hodge. I know that Mammow had brothers named Mac and Barney, and a sister, Mary. There is very little info about them in the census of Bell Co. I know they were Irish. Mammow was born in 1900, as to when Willie or Belle were born, I have no idea. So, your William might just be my Great Great Grandfather...My Carroll line has been at a standstill because of lack of info. I hope what little info I have, has been a help to you. Good luck in your search!

Carroll

Sue Blosser (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2000 5:13AM GMT
Hi,
I have looked through my records and I don`t have any of those names listed other than William. (William is a very commom name)That doesn`t mean to much though because I know there are so many branches to this tree. My grandfather on my mother side used to work in the coal mine at Fonde, his name was Henry Grant Meadors. Anyways, I`ll keep your information and if I ever run across anything I`ll be sure to let you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions