Search for content in message boards

JB Gabbard & Lucy Sweeney

JB Gabbard & Lucy Sweeney

Shelly Platz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sweeney ,Lawson
I am looking for descendants of JB GABBARD & LUCY SWEENEY. I was told they lived near Hazard, Ky and he may have ran a post office. Lucy was my mother's aunt. Her parents were CHARLES SWEENEY & MARY JANE LAWSON. She was born in Clifty, Ky Wolfe County. Please contact me if you have any information.

Re: JB Gabbard & Lucy Sweeney

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 4:25AM GMT
Mrs. Platz,

I am the great great granddaughter of JB and Lucy Gabbard. My name is Jennifer Willson. This was my mother's grandparents. They lived in Hazard, KY for several years. They had five children: Elmer Tyler Gabbard (my grandfather), Edward "Ed" Gabbard, JB Gabbard, Jack Gabbard, and Clara "Sis" Gabbard. Sis married Tommy Kelly of Hazard Kentucky. Elmer married Juanita Smith of Hazard, KY (my grandmother). Ed married but don't know the name of his wife. JB married Pearle ? and resided in Beattyville, KY (both are now deceased). Jack married Olive Rae? of Hazard, KY. You have a whole host of family members. Unforturnately, the only children left living out of JB and Lucy's children is Aunt Sis (Clara). She has recently been diagnosis with alzheimers. My papaw and mamaw had 5 children: Ann, Peggy, Paul, Elmer and Glenn B. Ed had 2 children: Don and Lavonne. Jack had 2 children: Jackie and Danny Carol. JB had 3 children but one died at an early age: Linda and Katie. We were not that close to JB during my childhood. My mamaw is still living. The majority of their children reside in Hazard to this day. Hope this helps and provides you with a lost family history. I was excited to see someone was looking for my family.

Jennifer Willson

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 6:55PM GMT
HI Jennifer,

contact me at sunshine311_us@yahoo.com
I have a website and may have some info on the rest of the Sweeney's that you dont have. Maybe we can keep in touch and swap info.

I always wanted to meet Sis as I heard a lot about her but I havent been able to make it back to KY for almost 2 yrs.

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 12:58AM GMT
Hi Jennifer,

I'm Thelma Derickson Himes, daughter of Oscar and granddaughter of Pearl who was Lucy's sister. We are coming to Hazard to a 75th birthday party for my husband's aunt on the Aug 27 & 28. I thought I would try to find the cemetery where most of them are buried. I'm sorry to hear about Sis. I called her last year to tell her about uncle John dying. Is Sis still living? If you will give me the directions to the cemetery, I will take pictures of the stones and put them on findagrave.com. I have stone and protrait pictures of a couple of hundred relatives including Pearl and Lucy's parents. When we come through Hazard I never have time to do any genealogy but maybe this time. Thank you.

Posted: 6 Mar 2012 3:20PM GMT
Jennifer,

You can contact me at sunshine311_us@yahoo.com. I am still keeping track of the family tree.

Posted: 6 Mar 2012 5:25PM GMT
JB Gabbard married Pearl Moore they are buried at the Moore Cem. off Rt. 52 at Moore town Hill. JB was born at Oakdale, Breathitt Co., KY. JB Gabbard md. Lucy Sweeny. JB Gabbards parents were William Gabbard and Sarah Baker, Williams parents were Isaac Gabbard & Mary Burgess They had children 1.Samuel Gabbard md. Minerva Miller ( their son Ike Gabbard md. my aunt Mollie Johnson)2.William Gabbard Md. Sarah Baker 2.Katherine Gabbard,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions