Search for content in message boards

John Luke in GA

John Luke in GA

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 6:52AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 8:26PM GMT
I am searching for information on John Luke of Laurens Co., GA. He is listed in the 1850 Census of Laurens Co. as being age 52 and farming. He married Patience Hobgood and they had eight children. Patience died before 1850. John and Patience's son William H. Luke was born Nov. 13, 1835 in Laurens Co., GA. I would appreciate any information about this family. Who were John's parents? Who were his siblings? Who were Patience's parents and siblings?
Thanks so much.
Mae

LUKE in GA.

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:42AM GMT
MAE. I'm not sure if this a conn. or not My Greataunt Edna was married to a Luke in Columbus, GA. They adopted a son. He pasted on before she did.MY Aunt Edna also had a sister who lived in COL.,GA. but both have pasted on. I also hoping to find any information. Son doesn't remeber alot. Please respond if there maybe something. EMAIL at tastarzz@aol.com Thanks

John Luke

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:05AM GMT
Hi,
John Luke and Patince Hobgood are my line. I decsend from their daughter Martha Jane Luke who married Henry Hezekiah Hapgood. She Had a Brother named Wm H. Luke. I do not know all the sbiling names. According to a copy of a newspaper article I have, John Luke died in 1870 at the hands of his son in-law. but his wife was still living and they were outside of Atlanta in Jackson Co. You stated that she had died in 1850. Did he remarried? Are do we have two different John Luke's. Either way PLEASE contact me.

John Luke in GA

Posted: 10 Feb 2001 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 8:26PM GMT
Hi Jewel,
John Luke and Patience Hobgood are my line too. They are my Great Great Grandparents according to the information I have (some of it has been proven and some has not). I descended from their son William H. Luke. I found John Luke in the 1850 Census of Laurens Co., GA. He was listed as 52 years old and farming. Patience was not listed but their children were. William H. Luke was listed as 8 years old. He is my Great Grandfather. I was told that Patience Hobgood was born in Jackson Co., GA and she married John Luke in Jackson Co., GA. Seems to me we are searching the same line. Sure hope you can help me solve this puzzle. Hope to hear from you soon. You can e-mail me at Mae1919@aol.com.
Mae

Re: John Luke in GA

Janet Luke (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Willie Mae. Don't know if you've seen my message or not on the previous page, but I wonder if these are the same people I don't know as I have much information for you but maybe we can piece it together. There is a Ferguson family that i looking into the same family, the Gussie Ann listed in the census I have. She was too young to be Patience dau. as they had started marrying. I kind of feel like William H. Luke got married about the time the Civil War broke out and had a daughter named Gussie Ann and he possibly was killed or not back in the area at the time of the next census in Jackson Co...He was younger than the William you had being 30 ish.....

Posted: 9 Feb 2002 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Luke
I have found that John Luke was married twice. 1st to Patience Hobgood and 2nd to Telitha Jane Graves.
He married Telitha Jane Graves 11 AUG 1850 Laurens Co. Ga and had Ruthy Jane Luke, Richard Benjamin Luke, Jamima Patience Luke, Amanda C. Luke, Christie Ann Luke, Lemuel David Luke and Sarah Ann Luke. I am trying to find information also on John Lukes parents etc. Good Luck

Jewel (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2002 8:05PM GMT
sent you a private e-mail reguarding the John Luke and wives.

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 3:45AM GMT
if you are still looking for this line let me know.
jewel

vivian (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2003 4:37AM GMT
i had an uncle richard luke and also a lemuel david, i wounder if there may be a connection here? you may email me at sweetsweet32055@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 May 2004 3:35AM GMT
Did you ever get my emails re: John Luke and wives?
That there was two John Luke's.
The one married to Patience Hopgood was still married to her in 1860 and was living with her in Jackson Co.?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions