Search for content in message boards

St Vincent Catholic Orphanage in Chicago, IL.

St Vincent Catholic Orphanage in Chicago, IL.

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sharp
This post was deleted by the author on 28 Mar 2014 2:02AM GMT

Re: St Vincent Catholic Orphanage in Chicago, IL.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Tagwerker
Recently discovered that I was born (1946) at St. Vincent's Infant and Maternity in Chicago. Until reading your post, I did not realize that it was an orphanage and believed that my adoption was through The Cradle. Any information you might wish to share concerning St. Vincent's would be great. Apparently it doesn't exist anymore, but I wonder what happened to the records.

I have no information on birth parents. My adopted name was Mary Carol Tagwerker....born 11-16-46.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Sharpe
This post was deleted by the author on 28 Mar 2014 2:02AM GMT

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 6:05PM GMT
Unable to send photo via e-mail at this time. If you'd like, I can send one by regular mail. You can contact me at my e-mail: marq20@cox.net.

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 10:45AM GMT
Surnames: Smith/Sharp/Johnson
Sorry you can not send a photo via email. I prefer not to list my address on Ancestry.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 12:47AM GMT
I was also born at St. Vincent's in 1942 and p
transferred to the Cradle for adoption. The Cradle has all my records. I was named Elizabeth Ann and the names on the adoption decree were Lillian Margaret Smith and Charles Robert Johnson, who was supposedly in army at Camp Forrest, TN. I know the names were aliases. Have spent almost 30 yrs. looking for family. My birthmother lived at 1530 E. 73rd St. at the time according to info she had in files. Are there any similarities or pictures available to see if anything fits?

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 5:42AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2009 4:54PM GMT
I highly recommend Midwest Adoption Center, 817-298-9096, 3158 S River Rd, Suite 224, DesPlaines, IL 60018.

Midwest has access to The Archdiocese of Chicago and Illinois Dept of Public Health to obtain records and files about your Adoption.

Have you registered with Adoption Registry and Medical Information Exchange program, if not? Call 1-877-323-5299 or 1-217-557-5160. In the event your relatives looking for you also.

If you would like exchange pictures, email to wccl85a@prodigy.net

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 7:36PM GMT
Midwest Adoption Center is unable to help as their records begin in 1964. I am in contact with Catholic Charities now and am awaiting results of their search. I have received a redacted copy of the adoption decree.

Will attempt to exchange photo in the next several days.

Oh, yes, I have registered with ARMIE and recently updated my info.

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 8:04PM GMT
I know Catholic Charities doesn't have anything for me. I was told all records went to the Cradle. I have a copy of the adoption decree, altho I know the names used were aliases. Who is ARMIE? I'm not familiar with them. Thank you. I've applied to Find My Family, the new TV program on ABC. You might want to consider that, too.

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 4:52AM GMT
I always thought my adoption was through the Cradle. When I discovered that I was born at St. Vincent's, and that the Cradle has no record of me, I re-directed my search to Catholic Charities. Also learned that since my adoptive parents were Catholic it was unlikely that the Cradle would have been involved.

Sorry about ARMIE---it's Adoption Registry & Medical Information Exchange. Everyone I've contacted just says "ARMIE."

Not familiar with the ABC program you mentioned but will check it out. In the meantime, I expect to hear something from Catholic Charities in the next several weeks. Also, my adoption decree had no names--everything was redacted, as I expected. So the search continues.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions