Search for content in message boards

James RATH b 1808 Jemima Hall Rath b 1802 m 1825, emigrated from Enniscorthy, Country Wexford

James RATH b 1808 Jemima Hall Rath b 1802 m 1825, emigrated from Enniscorthy, Country Wexford

Posted: 8 Nov 2006 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RATH, HALL
I am researching my great-great-grandparents, James Rath (born 1808-Ireland) and Jemima Hall Rath (b.1802-Ireland), who married about 1825. They emigrated from Enniscorthy, Wexford, Ireland, about 1841 to Ontario, Canada with their first 9 children. They were farmers in Canada (probably also in Ireland) and were Protestants.

Can anyone tell me how to find information about James and Jemima's parents? Since they emigrated from Ireland to Canada (also part of the British empire), I cannot find anything about ship passenger lists or immigration papers to answer questions about their ancestors. I would greatly appreciate any help offered.
Thanks, Dorothy Smith Netzley

Re: James RATH b 1808 Jemima Hall Rath b 1802 m 1825, emigrated from Enniscorthy, County Wexford

Rachel (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2006 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Dorothy,

Most Church of Ireland parish records were destroyed during the Civil War of 1922.

The period you are researching is pre-civil registration so if the records exist they will be among parish records.

I couldn't find out if there are any Enniscorthy Church of Ireland records in existance but the following website looks helpful. Maybe contact them...

http://www.ireland.anglican.org/library/libroots.html

Best wishes
Rachel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions