Search for content in message boards

Elijah E. Baird

Elijah E. Baird

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've hit a wall, I can get back to Elijah E. Baird, born 14 Sept 1764 in Scotland. I found the name "Jane" listed under whom he may have been married to...and I have a listing of his children, many of whom ended up in Quebec to live. His first children, however were born in NH and VT, which makes me think he immigrated to the US and not to Canada...although as much as he moved around it's hard to tell. I know that Baird could have been Beard in Scotland...and the "E" in his name may be "Elyat" as one of his sons is listed with this name...but that is just an educated guess. Any help to find Elijah's birth place and/or his parents would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Elijah E. Baird

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird, Beard, Horn
I'm not sure if anyone has been able to get past Elijah 1764. His son Elijah Jr. married a Lucy Horn. Her fathers birth is unknown at this time, however her mother was born in Vermont. The Horns also migrated to Canada around the Standstead - Sutton, Brome East Canada area. I find that interesting that both families would migrate north. After doing a blanket search, I found 7-10 Horn people that were born in Vermont but by the 1850's were all living in Sutton, Missisquoi, East Canada, just north of Standstead. I'm assuming more research is needed within Canada.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions