Search for content in message boards

ARBES

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2005 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: ARBES, FLACHS, SCHMIDT, RUBEY, SHAW
Joseph and Margaret (Flachs) Arbes, immigrated from Austria (Bohemia?) ca. 1867. Married Austria 1855. Children include Wenzel, Anna (Rubey), Joseph, Elizabeth (Schmidt), Mary (Shaw), Johannes. Family lived in the Burnstown area of Brown Co. and later Cottonwood Co. Joseph, Sr., died 1879, wife Margaret 1908.
I would appreciate any information on origins of family and information on any other family members that may have immigrated.

Anna Arbes

Mark Rubey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
I hope this might help you.
Anna Arbes was born Sept. 22, 1853 to Joseph and Margareth in Austria. Died Aug. 13, 1917 in Jeffers, MN.
She married Joseph Rubey Sept. 13, 1873

Re: ARBES

Posted: 7 Dec 2002 1:00AM GMT
Hello - my name is Karie - My grandfather was an Arbes and we are from the New Ulm area in Brown county - is there something that I might be able to answer specifically for you??

mary jo (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2002 1:06AM GMT
Karie,
Thank you for your response. Do you know anything about Joseph Sr, or his wife Margaret in regards to siblings or where they came from? Thanks so much!
Posted: 11 Oct 2010 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Rubey Arbes Eder
I am writing for Kathleen Ruby LaBarge who is the grandaughter of Wentzel Ruby b. 1869 to Joseph and Anna Arbes Rubey. He came west to Spokane, Washington and died there in 1919. The entire family has remained mostly in Spokane. We would love to correspond with you.

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 9:48AM GMT
Hi.
Rubey, Flachs, Arbes families can be from southwest of Bohemia surrounding Horsovsky Tyn. German-Bohemian emigrants from this area settled down in surroundings New Ulm.
Tony.
Posted: 4 Jan 2013 7:42AM GMT
Im a harvey I would like to know more about the family too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions