Search for content in message boards

Rev John and Mehetable Garard and Gerrardtown

Rev John and Mehetable Garard and Gerrardtown

Rebecca Colbert (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Garard, Buckles, Gerrard

Searching for information on my gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-grandparents Rev. John and Mehetable Garard. Have list of all their children . The land that Gerrardtown was owned by Rev. John Garard. It is in Berkeley Co.

Garrard and Buckles

Rebecca Colbert (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garard, Garrard, Buckles
Sarah Buckles was the daughter of Rev. John and Mehetable Garard. She married James Buckles about 1760. Sarah was born in 1741 in Virginia. Berkeley County. She died On September 24, 1815 in Greene Co, Ohio. James was born in 1732 and he died 1797.
Have all data on Sarah's brothers and sisters. Have infomation on all Garard from my gr-gr-gr-gr-grandparents down to the present.

Descendant of James BUCKLES and Sarah GARRARD

Pat Evans (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Buckles, Garrard
I am also a descendent of James Buckles and Sarah Garrard. Would love to exchange information. Please e-mail me. I have a lot of information including copies of a book which shows Rev. Garrard's church. Hope to hear from you soon.

James and Sarah Buckles

Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Gerrard, Buckles, Watson
I also descend from James and Sarah Gerrard Buckles. I live on the property owned by Colbert Watson and Mary Buckles Watson....Mary, a daughter of Sarah and James.
My ancestor, however, is William, son of Sarah and James.
This family moved from Berkeley County and bought many hundreds of acres in sw Ohio. They became political leaders of the new territory. Sarah's grave is in the same graveyard as my parents, gr-parents...et.al. Every generation except Henry Buckles who d. in Iowa on a homestead.

Sarah Garrard

Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2003 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Garrard
I need some help on data for Sarah Garrard. First I have the name spelled "Garrard" and not Garard. 2nd, I have her mother's name spelled Mahitable. Also have Sarah born in 1740 and dod: 12/1/1815 in Greene County. Can you help me correct any of the above? Thanks, Bob

Looking for info on John W. and Ada Kazia-Garard

Posted: 22 May 2002 2:58PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Garard
I'm looking for info on the Garard family line. Do you have John W. and Ada Kazia-Garard. I'm doing research for Virginia (Ginger) Harnish, this is her mothers family line. Mary do you know Shelley Hammond? She's my sister-in-law....

My line is Abner, son of Rev. John Garard

Rita Foot (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Garard
Rebecca, My line is Abner, son of Rev. John Garard. Would appreciate any help you might give. Will be glad to share what I have.

Re: Garrard

Stephen W. Gerrard (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2004 4:32PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2004 9:11AM GMT
Surnames: Garrard, Gerrard
Ms. Colbert:

I too am a descendant of Rev. John Gerrard and Mehetable Haughn through their first son William. I have not been able to find any earlier history for Rev. Gerrard other than he came to Berkeley County from PA. Do you have any info about his parents or where the Gerrards are from?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Gerrard, Tulsa, OK

Re: Descendant of James BUCKLES and Sarah GARRARD

J Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2006 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: Garrard
Pat, I tried to email you but my message was returned as undeliverable. I am a descendent of Rev John Garrard and would like to get in touch with you. I am interested in gathering more family history and I would really like to get a copy of the photo you mentioned of the Rev. Garrard's Church.
Please contact me.

Re: Descendant of James BUCKLES and Sarah GARRARD

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2006 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Garrard, VanMeter
Don't know how much info you have on Rev John Garrard but here is all that I have. John m. Susanna VanMeter ? She was b 2 Jul 1750 Frederick Co VA. d 2 Jul 1798 Hardin Co KY. Her f was Jacob Jansen Sr. VanMeter. m Letitia Strode. Hope this can be a lead.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions