Search for content in message boards

Van Der Werken

Posted: 25 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Van Der Werken, Vanderwerken
Am looking for any information on Roelof Gerritse Van Der Werken, emigrated from Meppelen, province of Drenthe. Sailed to New Amsterdam/New York on the ship De Rosebaum 15 of march 1663. Married Geertruy (Van Oostrant) and had 12 children. Any help? Kris

Re: Alida Van Der Werken

Rosalie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Alida Van Der Werken
Have you ever seen "Genealogies of the First Settlers" of the "Ancient County of Albany" from 1630 to 1800 by Prof. Jonathan Pearson
Genealogical Publishing Co.Inc. Baltilmore 1976
There is a nice little write up on Roeloff Gerritise .
I have recently found out my gggrandmother was Alida Van Der Werken b. in Waterford, N.Y. ?? m. David Earle and moved to N.Y.C.
I am wondering if she could be the same Alida b. 1758 to Johannes (son of Gerrit Roeloffse, son of Roeloll Gerritse).
Any help finding out if this is her family and anything else about her will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Rosalie in Bar Harbor, Me.

Re: Alida Van Der Werken

Kris (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Vanderwerken
Hi Rosalie,

I responded to your message on the Netherlands. I need to check my records to the VDW that I have found in Maine. I believe I have very little. And as to Alida, my records conflict with yours, which means nothing, just a new puzzle to work out.

Will get back to your.
Kris

Re: Van Der Werken

Greg Pedersen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2001 12:50AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Van Der Werken
Hello,

I'm also trying to find out more about the Roelof Gerritse Van Der Werken; suspect that I found the same reference as you did but was unable to follow the thread back to the Netherlands. Did you ever have any luck with this?

Thanks for your help,

Greg Pedersen
San Francisco, CA

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 5:11PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: Kidney, Van der Werken
Kris, I was excited to see your message on the Van Der Werken family. I descend thru Roeloff G. Van Der Werken and Geertruy Jacobse Van Oostrant's daughter, Maritie Roeloffse Van Den Werke, who md Jan Kidney (Cittene) "Van Barbados". Where did you get the ref to the ship and the date they came to America? I had never seen this before!!! Did it come from Gen. of 1st Settlers of Ancient Co. of Albany by Prof. Jonathan Pearson? I'm in SLC, UT . If so, I could likely find it at the Fam. Hist. Libr. here. I am too looking for some record of the immigrant's birth since he was an exact town in the Netherlands in 1642. Please email me .Tks Steve M. Hall

Rosalind Moore (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2003 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Kidney, Van Der Werken
I, too, am decended from Maritje Roeloffse. She married John {not Jan] Kidney in New York on May 1, 1698. their first child was Roelof Kidney. I am decended from their fourth child, Robert.
I am having trouble finding Nelson Kidney, son of John B [or Peter] Kidney, son of Peter Kidney, son of Robert Kidney, son of John Kidney and Maritje Roeloffse. Any info?

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: van der verken/kidney
hI,I am a decendent of Robert I. Kidney also looking for information before John Kidney and wife came to America ie
their parants names, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
Any informaiton you could provide would be deeply appreciated.
cathy kidney-bremner

JAN/JOHN KIDNEY-MY GGGGGGG GRANDFATHER 1673- born in Barbados family from England???)

ROBERT I. KIDNEY- MY GGGGGG GRANDFATHER 1708-1772? (1st born in America)

JACOBUS/JAMES KIDNEY-MY GGGGG GRANDFATHER 1753-1795

JACOB KIDNEY-MY GGGG GRANDFATHER 1791-187

EDMUND KIDNEY-MY GGG GRANDFATHER 1821-1875

JAMES M, KIDNEY-MY GG GRANDFATHER 1854- 1890'S???

JAMES H. KIDNEY-MY GRANDFATHER 1888-1950'S ???

HAROLD KIDNEY-MY FATHER 1915-1975

JAMES KIDNEY-MY BROTHER 1930'S-1990'S--BROTHERS: EDWARD 1946 & RUSSELL 1955-1988

JAMES KIDNEY-MY NEPHEW 1956-BROTHERS: KEVIN-BRIAN & GARY

RUSSELL KIDNEY - MY GREAT NEPHEW 1990

Above is a list of my ancestry:
Catherine Kideny-Bremner
ckbstuff@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions