Search for content in message boards

Nelly, Alice, Lilian, Florence, and George Dilley, North London 1900s

Nelly, Alice, Lilian, Florence, and George Dilley, North London 1900s

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello all! On a quest to find descendants of any of the aforementioned Dilleys! They were all born to Alfred and Sarah Maria Dilley (formerly Munt) in North London in the late 1890s. I'm sure there were more siblings born post 1900 too. If any of these names ring a bell, just let me know!!

Best,
Hannah

Re: Nelly, Alice, Lilian, Florence, and George Dilley, North London 1900s

Marcus (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 12:51PM GMT
Hi, I'm a Descendant of the North London/Hertfordshire Dilleys and am looking for the relatives of Ronald Pendry Dilley and Aron Dilley (and therefore myself) I remember mention of Lily Dilley, and Alfred Dilley..

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2005 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Dilley
Marcus, When was Alfred Dilley born? Contact me at the above address

Hannah Craddick (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 4:20PM GMT
Hello Marcus and Lola,

I was fascinated to read your messages and am keen to learn more. Let me give you a little more detail about my family of Dilleys (that includes a Lily and an Alfred). My Alfred Dilley was born in Hitchin, Hertfordshire around 1867. I know quite a lot about his Hitchin family if anyone is interested. However, Alfred did not stay in Hitchin but moved to Islington, London and married Sarah Maria Munt around 1891. I know that together Alfred and Sarah had five children before 1901 (probably more afterwards). The children were: Nelly Dilley, born circa 1892, Alice Sarah Dilley born 1893, Florence A. Dilley, born circa 1896, Lilian May Dilley, born 1898, and George Alfred Dilley, born 1901. All the children were born in Islington, London. I have censuses if you're interested...

For my part, it is Alice Sarah Dilley (second daughter of Alfred and Sarah) who is a piece in a long-standing family puzzle! So, I am keen to learn more about her family.

Best regards,

Hannah

Hannah Craddick (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 9:21AM GMT
Hello Marcus and Lola,

I was fascinated to read your messages and am keen to learn more. Let me give you a little more detail about my family of Dilleys (that includes a Lily and an Alfred). My Alfred Dilley was born in Hitchin, Hertfordshire around 1867. I know quite a lot about his Hitchin family if anyone is interested. However, Alfred did not stay in Hitchin but moved to Islington, London and married Sarah Maria Munt around 1891. I know that together Alfred and Sarah had five children before 1901 (probably more afterwards). The children were: Nelly Dilley, born circa 1892, Alice Sarah Dilley born 1893, Florence A. Dilley, born circa 1896, Lilian May Dilley, born 1898, and George Alfred Dilley, born 1901. All the children were born in Islington, London. I have censuses if you're interested...

For my part, it is Alice Sarah Dilley (second daughter of Alfred and Sarah) who is a piece in a long-standing family puzzle! So, I am keen to learn more about her family.

Best regards,

Hannah

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 12:04PM GMT
Hannah,

I realise these posts were a while ago now but am hoping you still use these boards. Do you know if there were any male Dilleys born to this family sometime between 190 and 1905 and what became of them if there were

Jill

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 4:17PM GMT
Yes, this place is still in use. Your line is not one that I am personally familar with but someone may know them.

If you will send me an message at abcfhist@hotmail.com, I will e-mail you anther group of Dilley researcher that MIGHT be able to help you.

Beth

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 5:14PM GMT
Hi Jill,

Yes, I'm still perusing these message boards in my quest for Dilleys! George Dilley is the only brother I know of belonging to this set of siblings. I think he was born in 1901 (or there abouts). I *might* have a marriage certificate for him somewhere. I'll have to dig through my research. I'm sure there were other male Dilleys born to this particular Islington family after 1901, I just don't know of them yet. I would be keen to hear about any extra siblings that you think belong to this family...

Best,
Hannah

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dilley
Hi Hannah,

we've been trying to track down a Sidney Dilley who may be my husband's grandfather for a couple of years now.

We have very little information about him. He may have been born in 1903 or 1905. There is family rumour that he had a brother or a half-brother. We know that Sid was certainly living in Islington when he married my husband's great-aunt in 1935. We have no idea which location he came from. He died in 1946 in Hornsey, North London. We also know he was a bigamist and may not have been offically called Sidney.

We are hoping he was actually born in Islington as there were an awful lot if Dilley's in the area.

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 8:05PM GMT
Lola,

We have found that our Richard, John and Joseph migrated from AUGUSTUS Co., Va. to Fauquier Cko., Va. Has any of your line done the DNA? If so, would they consider sharing with us. It just might give us a clue of where to searach now.

I've missplaced your address.

I am doing much better, have a new pace maker and a fibulator.

Beth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic