Search for content in message boards

Durham/Mt. Vernon, KY

Durham/Mt. Vernon, KY

Donna Durham (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 1:35PM GMT
I'm looking for info on my grandfather, John Thomas Durham, who married Rosanah VanZant, from VA. They had 11 children, I believe, one of which was my dad, Rathiel Walker Durham. Anybody have any info?

Durham/Mt.Vernon,KY.

Posted: 4 May 2000 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:29PM GMT
By any chance would the name Rosaanah be Rosa Bell VanZant? My e-mail address: normaj@fuse.net. I am leaving for Jackson Co.,Ky. this Saturday -May 6th.

John Thomas Durham/Mt. Vernon, KY

Posted: 5 May 2000 10:27AM GMT
Yes, actually, her name was "Rasanah Vanzant," born August 22, 1885 in Scott County, Virginia to Isaac and Phebe Vanzant. I have a copy of the "birty certificate" but it doesn't indicate Phebe's maiden name or either of their places of birth. What do you know about that?? Thanks very much.
Donna
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:01PM GMT
My Mother's maiden name was Rosa Belle Durham, her father was Joseph Newman Durham, b. in Rockcastle county,4 Jun 1871. His father was James Oaks Durham, and this is where I;m stopped. J.W. married Jamima Oaks and lived in Lincoln county mostr of his life.

Durham Mt. Vernon, KY

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 3:26AM GMT
Hi Donna,
I beleive we talked before but I have info on your Durham line. Please contact
clcrawford@prodigy.net

Re: Durham/Mt. Vernon, KY

Posted: 25 May 2002 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 6:40PM GMT
I read your posting, and I am also looking for info on a John Thomas Durham. Was wondering if you had run across my John Thomas Durham in your research. John Thomas Durham married in 1896 to Martha Duncan in Appomattox county, VA. On the marriage cert. it says that he was divorced. I have heard from Durham family members that he was married before and had children from a previous marriage. John Thomas' marriage cert. says that he was born in Baltimore MD, his parents were Thomas and Eliza Durham.
Ring any bells?

Re: Durham/Mt. Vernon, KY

Posted: 26 May 2002 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Durham
No, sorry, doesn't sound familiar.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic