Search for content in message boards

Nat Langham - bare knuckle boxing champ.

Nat Langham - bare knuckle boxing champ.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Langham
looking for wife and parents of Nat (my great great great great grandfather was Nat Langham.
He was england champion bare knuckle fighter, he moved to Brompton London.
Born 18/2/1820 Died 1/9/1871.
His parents lived in Keys Yard Hinckley.
i need all information that you can give on his wife etc and his parents etc.
thank you

Re: Nat Langham - bare knuckle boxing champ.

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 8:06PM GMT
Fairly complete family tree on genes reunited. My great grandfather was George Langham (Nats Nephew) who witnessed his death certificate. Nat - first name Stephen was brother to Georges mother - Ann, their mother was Possibly Mary Langham born about 1787 married to a Nathaniel Langham - all looks a bit dodgy though as my old family bible says parent were a Joseph Langham and Mary Ashby. Can put you in touch with Nats direct decendants if not known to you

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 8:17PM GMT
hi steve,
yes please if you could do that that would be wonderful all information is helpful at this stage!

thank you

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 9:24PM GMT
easier to contact me on my normal email - stevelangham@bikerider.com Nats daughters relations have full family tree - Calvett family - will try and find email or ask them to contact you. they are direct decendants of Alice Langham (Nats daughter) who married a Romeo Calvetti.

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 4:06AM GMT
Hi Tammy
I was told that my family may have some connection to Nat Langham (through my grandfater Jack Langham-Calvetti). I was wondering if you would be willing to email me any info you have on Nat Langham. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 7:12PM GMT
hi there :)

if you email my brother Ashley he has all of the information on file that he could send to you. . .
his email address is: aallen@xnet.co.nz

if you dont get a response please email me on my home email: tamzen_glen@xtra.co.nz and i will get him to respond!

thank you :)

tammy

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 11:19PM GMT
Thanks Tammy! I will give him a try.

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 7:00PM GMT
Nat Langham fought Bill Sparkes, the Australian, on Woking Common on 7 May 1847. Bill Sparkes was my great, great, etc. grandfather. I wondered whether you might have an account of that extraordinary bareknuckle fight. It lasted 67 rounds, I believe, and ended when Sparkes threw in the towel, having broken his arm. I am working on a musical project which reproduces in a theatrical way that fight.

My grandmother was Jessie Parkes.

Many thanks.

Trevor Grace

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 12:26PM GMT
Hi Trevor- William is my grand x something Uncle (I am a direct descendent of his sister Ann). Poor William didn't thrown in the towel- his supporter Johnny Broome forced the closure as he knew that William wouldn't give up despite a broken arm.

William was so enraged that his seconders had to drag him away. A very admirable fight by both gentleman.

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 9:12AM GMT
Surnames: Langham
Hi Chaos Angel

I am a grandson of Jack's brother, Arthur Calvetti (the oldest of the 8 children of Romeo Calvetti & Alice Langham, a daughter of Nat Langham) and have a family tree database of 13,400 relatives, including my wife's relatives. The "i" at the end of my surname was lost during WW2 in common with many other members of the family.

I would love to exchange information with you by email and hope for an early response.

Frank

per page

Find a board about a specific topic