Search for content in message boards

Jasper Kelley

Jasper Kelley

Michael J. Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 10:31AM GMT
My father's name was Jasper Kelley Jr. who was born an raised in Portsmouth, Ohio (they dropped the extra "e" from my last name?). He died in 1998. I don't know much about his ancestry except for: His father's name was Jasper Kelley Sr. who was born near Keatons Fork Kentucky (Johnson County) who worked for the N&W Rail Road, died in the late 1930's about 60+ years old, was married to Dewey Jamison (Carver) 2nd marrige for both. His father's name was Willie. That's about all I know folks - anyone out there got any relevent information related to this inquiry?

Re: Jasper Kelley

Teresa Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just came across this posting, I do not know if this will be of any interest but my grand fathers name was Jasper Thornton Kelley b;sept.25-1890 in Joplin Missour d; jan 27-1975. Was married to Lizzie Lurita Bennett b; oct 20-1895 in waldron Ark. d; nov 21-1958 in Cauthron Ark. His father was John Franklin Kelley, mother Martha L.Dora Baker let me know if this sounds like a possible, I do not have to much as I am just starting. but what little I do have I'll give to you to help out.
Teresa Kelly My mother dropped an e during labor.

Michael Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2001 2:55PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I only know what I have previously posted. Dropped the e during labor! Man, she must have been pissed!!!

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 7:28PM GMT
Hay! Don't know that she was all that upset, she let me go all these years with out telling me my name was spelled differant than my fathers, and I figure no one seems to care all that much, if they did they would lend me the 200.00 for the vowel!!
Some people should realizzzzzzzzzz tis a bit hard to spell during some labors.....we cann't all be SMRT! Smile!
Wish you luck in your searches as I know it is hard to make the connection in family trees. teresa a.k.a Kelly of the lost E

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2003 12:45AM GMT
Teresa-Just read your posted message. Jasper was my great Uncle and Lizzie was my great Aunt. In other words my mothers' aunt and my fathers uncle were married. I was releated two ways. I don't recognize your name but I'm sure we are related in some way. My dad is Melvin Kelley son of John Riley Kelley-brother of Jasper. My mothers name is Frances(Simmons) Kelley-daughter of Maudie (Bennett) Simmons-sister of Lizzie. The information you have posted has been most helpful to me. My interest in family history didn't start, unfortunately, until either my grandparents had already past or their minds got to bad to remember clearly.Lizzie's father's name was William Franklin Bennett and her mother's name was Jane. I'm not sure of her maiden name. They are buried at Cauthron where I grew up. Please E-mail me at rrush168@valuelinx.net so we can exchange more info. Until later' Susan

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 7:44AM GMT
IT DOES SOUND LIKE THERE IS A CONNECTION IN OUR FAMILY.JANE'S NAME WAS ROLAND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL FROM MY STUFF. MY FATHER WAS MATTHEW C KELLEY, SON OF JASPER AND LIZZIE. I HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING TO GET PAST THEM TO MORE INFO. ON JOHN FRANKLIN KELLEY AND HIS WIFE ;MARTHA L. DORA BAKER FROM WHAT I THINK I HAVE FOUND SO FAR I THINK HER PARENTS NAMES WERE JOHN W. BAKER HIS WIFE; MARY J. BRIM. BUT I HAVE YET TO CONFERM MARTHAS PARENTS NAME AS THERE SEEMS TO BE A DIFFERANCE IN SPELLING OF HER MIDDLE NAME.WILL SEND MORE IN E-MAIL TO YOU

Michael J. Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 7:15PM GMT

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 10:11PM GMT
MY JASPER KELLEY COMES FROM JOPLIN MISSOURI SEPT 25,1890 MARRIED LIZZIE LURITA BENNETT. JASPER MY GRAND FATHER DIED JAN.27,1975 IN BATES ARK. IT COULD BE THE SAME MAN I' M NOT SURE HOW COMMEN THE NAME IS.

Posted: 7 Jun 2014 1:51AM GMT
I have a copy of an obituary for Jasper Kelly, Sr, who died Sept 6, 1939 in Portsmouth. The obituary says his father was Wallace Kelley. The copy isn't that great, but it might be helpful. Let me know if you are interested. It's not my family, but I came across it researching the Kleinman's. Mary..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions