Search for content in message boards

Alice Potter/ Susanna Potter

Alice Potter/ Susanna Potter

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2004 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Potter/Paine/Anthony
I'm searching for information about the parents of Alice Potter born about 1599 m. to Anthony Paine and Susanna Potter b. about 1619 m. to John Anthony. Were Alice and Susanna sisters? Thanks for your help.

Re: Alice Potter/ Susanna Potter

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 12:35AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2005 6:51PM GMT
I have some notes that show that Anthony Paine married into the Potter family, but not to an Alice. I think Susannah Potter who married John Anthony may have been the daughter of Robert Potter and Elizabeth Marshall and a sister to my ancestor, Nathaniel Potter, but there's more to be done before the issue is settled. There is no doubt that the Potters and Anthonys were connected. I have a transcription of the will of Robert Potter of Newport Pagnell, Bucks., England if you would like to see it. The biggest problem is that he died before his daughters married so we do not have their married names.

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2004 12:49AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I'm very interested in the transcription of Robert Potter's will if you could forward. Also wondering which of the Potters Anthony Paine married ?

Posted: 9 Dec 2004 3:22AM GMT
While researching my ancestor Robert Potter of Warwick RI, I ran across an article in PERSI by Myrna Hood which discusses the possible relationship between the Potter/Anthony/Paine families. Article was published in "Second Boat", Spring of 1996. More than likely, Robert Potter, Susanna wife of John Anthony, Nicholas Potter, and ? wife of Anthony Paine were siblings
Potter Profiles is a series of family newletters
put out by Donna Potter Phillips in the early 1990s and my brother gave me the CD version. Several issues have articles which discuss the probable relationship between the families. Maybe you can locate copies in a library.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions