Search for content in message boards

Idaho Birth records 1920's

Idaho Birth records 1920's

Posted: 15 May 2012 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

Does anyone know if Idaho birth information is available in some sort of database? I am looking for someone born in the 20's thanks!

Re: Idaho Birth records 1920's

Posted: 15 May 2012 2:52PM GMT
No, the birth records are only held by the state. You can request a certified copy from them, but you will probably have to prove relationship. The only other source I know is from newspapers, but that type of coverage was spotty and is generally not indexed.
John in the Great 208

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 10:56PM GMT
I know this is an old post, but you had posted in the last couple of days... I don't know if you found your information.

There are other ways to find information information on persons than a database of births. The person should have been found in the 1930 census, which would have shown approx age and his parents (either birth or adopted). Newspapers are available through 1922 in one database, others in additional resources. Posted family trees often have the exact date and place of birth.

If this person was born in the 1920's, the application for the Social Security Number would show his DOB and who they belived to be their parents. The persons death data could identify the DOB.

IF this person was born and then adopted...no records would probably be available due to secrecy laws in most states.

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 1:51AM GMT
yes thank you. I have been doing research for many many years now. I know all about census records, newspapers, death certificates and more . Though I am rather surprised to be told to check other family trees for the information. This is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You have no way of verifying the accuracy of information in someone else's tree.

many states have made it a priority to put birth and death records in some sort of online index. Wisconsin, Missouri ,Minnesota are three that I can think of off hand. Sometimes it just takes some sleuthing to figure out where to find the database.sometimes a local might have more information and sometimes local historians will answer these calls for help. obviously having the primary document is more useful than an estimate from a census.

Posted: 15 Mar 2014 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2014 6:10PM GMT
If you find your person in someone else's tree, rarely they have posted the birth certificate. But, if they have the full DOB, they HAD to get the information from somewhere. Contact them via the Ancestry message system and ask the source of their information. They may be a closer relative to the person.
--Based on your other postings, "IF" this posting is based on another of your postings looking for James Loring McCormick… This person is found in a posted family tree owned by a Marlene Steiner. He was born May 31, 1920 in Boise, ID. His obit is posted. Marlene "might" have further info on birth. I didn't look over the rest of your obit inquiries, but obit attached.

Birth certificates are legally confidential in Idaho for 100 years. Death, stillbirth, marriage, and divorce certificates are legally confidential in Idaho for 50 years.
http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Families/BirthDeathMarriag...
So, you will not find a database, nor would you be able to order the birth certificate unless you meet family qualifications. I do have access to some period newspapers, but didn't know who you were researching.

Many other States have serious restrictions on putting birth and death records online. Some have formerly requested the Social Security Administration to stop putting this data in the Death Master File (the basis for the sold data in the SSDI).
http://www.ntis.gov/pdf/import-change-dmf.pdf

Posting the name of the person being sought would allow volunteers to do research. Finding the persons death data might give enough information as to DOB. You might even find someone related. I very frequently find individual Census to have errors, but a concensus review helps to identify a pattern of truth. One might say born in Idaho, when actually born in Illinois.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions