Search for content in message boards

Parker Family from Vernon parish

Parker Family from Vernon parish

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker , Kyle
I am the Great granddaughter of Lemuel cullen parker born in 1882, he was married to Tishie Kay and lived in vernon parish ... I am trying to find out his parents names... I do know he was born a Kyle, and adopted by a train engineer named parker... as I was told when I was young he was disowned by his father... or ran away very young and hopped on a train where he was found by Mr. Parker and eventually adopted.. if anyone can help me find out who his biological and adoptive parents are I will be greatful!!!

Re: Parker Family from Vernon parish

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 4:13AM GMT
Lemuel Cullen Parker, b. 12-29-1882 LA; d. 8-29-1963 Leesville, Vernon P. LA; married on 3-12-1902 a Lutitia (Tishie) Kay, b. 3-13-1882 Vernon P. LA, d.2-1-1957 Vernon P. LA. Children: Monroe, Leola Saphronia, Nora Virginia, Lissa, Jiggs Gilbert Cullen, Fred A., Hattie and 2 more daughters.

Possible mother for Lemuel Cullen is Zilpha Parker.

James M. Kyle on the 1870 Census for Ward 8, Natchitoches Parish, LA. His wife's name is Cecilla. There are two step-children listed for James Kyle, Gilbert Parker (age 8) and Sarah Parker (age 5). Researching for a Cecilla, I found was a Cellia Pistel, b. 1845 LA who had married a Benjamin Parker, b. 1840 LA.

James Kile on the 1880 Census for 6th Ward, Natchitoches Parish, LA with wife Secella. It shows two step-children, Gilbert Parker (age 18)and Zilpha Parker (age 15), who age fits with the Sarah Parker on the 1870 Census and is possibly the mother of Lemuel Cullen. This makes me wonder if Lemuel is the son of Zilpha (Sarah) Parker, maybe his last name could really be Parker. But, I can't say who his father could have been, it could have also been a Kile. Maybe the Mr. Parker (the train engineer)who was said to have adopted him was really a relative.

James M. Kile on the 1900 Cenus for Ward 8, Natchitoches Parish, LA shows wife Ciscella E. Their neighbors are: James Kay family and two Airhart families, whom I believe are relatives.

I sent an email to Jane Parker McManus who has done a lot of genealogy research in Vernon Parish to see if she can help on Lemuel Cullen.

I am related to the Parkers of Vernon Parish and the Airharts of Natchitoches Parish.

Hope all this brain storming helps, Sally Harville

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 11:39PM GMT
Thank you so much... I think I had ran across those census of natchitoches. But it had confused me, because of the stories I had heard of him being born a kyle then being adopted by Mr. Parker... I had also heard the names James and zilpha... Thank you again and if you find anything else let me know

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 4:19AM GMT
I have been off computer for several months and just found your post. Tell me who you are Lemuel Cullen was my Great Grandfather and I knew him, he died when I was about 10 or so not sure - would have to look it up.

Pat Sherwood

Sherwood

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 9:11AM GMT
I relize that Sherwood is probaly your married name; but I was wondering if you had any Sherwood in Wood Co., TX in 1880?

Thank you

Harold Gosnell

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 6:04AM GMT
Lemuel Cullen is my great grandfather.. His son, gilbert Cullen parker was my grandpa. And gilbert Cullen daughter is my mom. Pansy parker. I wasn't born until 1970 so I never got to meet him.. I have many pics of him. And would love to be able to locate the names of his parents.. I do know that the name Kile or Kyle was in it, but his kids never talked about it much cause of some kind of family secret. Do you have any info that may be helpful in my search. And who was your grandparents. I know his kids were, leola Nora, Monroe, gilbert, Hattie, fred,Mildred and Floyd... Think that is all of them... I have a wonderful family photo of all of them if you would like to see it send me your email and I will sent it too you...

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 3:41AM GMT
I knew Pansy - not well though. My parents were Carlene and Hubert Westmoreland. I knew your grandpa Uncle Jiggs - he was my Grandma that lived with us (Leola). I have a lot of info and cannot find out what happened to Zilpha Parker - she was Grandpa (Lemuel Cullen) mother. There was a family secret. My email address is pwsherwood@att.net. I live in Bridge City, Texas. My home phone is 409-735-3930. I hope this is not public info that I am passing out. I have a problem sometime getting into the messages on Ancestry so - please contact me by private email. I think I have my security set to high and cannot always get in. Pat Sherwood

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 3:47AM GMT
I am the great granddaughter of Lemuel Cullen Parker. I knew him and have been researching this for quite a while. Feel free to contact me on my personal email. pwsherwood@att.net. My grandmother was Leola (the Saphronia) is incorrect. Her name was Leola Cecilia. You may contact me via my email and I can help you out. Grandpa Parker's father was Jacob Parker who was married to Cecilia. She later married James Kile. Tell me who you are and maybel I can fill in lots of blanks for you.
I live in Bridge City, Texas and you may use my email to contact me.

Re: Sherwood

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 3:52AM GMT
No, you are right Sherwood is my married name and the Sherwoods settled in Port Arthur, Texas after moving from Mississippi and Louisiana. What Sherwood are you looking for? I have traced the family back to Faversham England.

pat sherwood

Re: Sherwood

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
I have a Calvin Green Sherwood b. 1847 in TN., County unknown
He was on the 1880 Census of Wood Co., TX., he married Sarah J.
Simmons between 1870 and 1880 in Wood Co., TX(?) The had one child that I'm aware of George W. Sherwood b. 1880 in Wood Co., TX.

Harold Gosnell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic