Search for content in message boards

Who was John Christian Kaiser's wife?

Who was John Christian Kaiser's wife?

Posted: 7 May 2011 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kaiser Pontius
Hi, I'm trying to find John Christian Kaiser's wife. It appears he went by the name of Christian or Chris rather than John. He emigrated from Germany in 1869. He was born in Germany on June 12, 1851 and died in Memphis TN on Feb 1, 1933.

His name appears in the 1871 Edwards Memphis City Directory as a harnessmaker. The 1880 Census shows him living with his mother, Christiana & brother Paul. The 1900 census lists him as a widower.

If I have the facts straight he had 4 children:

Anna born abt 1880. I do not find any record that she married.

Charlotte (Lottie) born Feb 12, 1886 died Dec 8, 1957. She was married to Edmund Pontius Sr.

Julius Herman Kaiser born Aug 22 1888 or 1889. Died in Florida.

William Christian Kaiser born Sept 21, 1895.

I've already checked the Shelby County register of deeds website and I've looked at John Christian's obit. No mention of his late wife. I've looked at the death certifictes that I can find also.

I haven't been able to find any record on who their mother was or where she was buried. If anyone has any info or knows where I can search please let me know. Thank you!

Re: Who was John Christian Kaiser's wife?

Posted: 9 May 2011 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2011 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Kaiser Heupel Meroth
I think I found the answer to my own question. Maybe this info will be useful to someone else.

I went to the cemetery & found John's grave. His daughter Annie was buried next to him. Her whole name is Annie Heupel Kaiser. That led me to find a marriage record for an E Heupel who married B Meroth in 1879. Annie was born in 1880. I found from a census that it was Edmund & Barbara Heupel.

I found out from the Shelby County TN register of deaths that Edmund died in 1881 and that a C Kaiser married a Mrs Barbara Heupel in 1882. John Christian Kaiser went by the name Christian or Chris so this seems to fit.

I still don't know when Barbara died or where she is buried so if this info connects to anyone who can help me with that part of the puzzle I would really appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic