Search for content in message boards

John and Esther Knowlton Evans 1850 in Jeremiah Earl household

John and Esther Knowlton Evans 1850 in Jeremiah Earl household

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Knowlton, Earl
I am looking for some proof that John and Esther Evans living in Lapeer in 1850 in the household of Jeremiah and Harriet Earl are the couple who married ca. 1815 in Halfmoon, Saratoga Co., NY. Esther, b July 17, 1794, was the daughter of John and Mary Manning Knowlton. I believe John to be the son of an Andrew Evans of the same place. In 1860 the Earl household has disappeared from Lapeer, but Ephraim Earl (b ca. 1844) is living with Isaac Evans.

Re: John and Esther Knowlton Evans 1850 in Jeremiah Earl household

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Earl, Warren, Willey, Roberts
I am answering my own question as someone on the Evans board had proof that Esther Evans was originally Esther Knowlton of Halfmoon, Saratoga Co., NY. John Evans died before the 1860 census, but by that time Esther had remarried, a John Griffin in Burlington, Lapeer Co. On the 1850 census page, she and Mr. Evans are living with their daughter, Harriet Earl. The next family in the census also contains a daughter, Elizabeth Warren, her husband John, and children. By 1870 she has a new husband too, Seth Willey. In 1870 Esther is widowed a second time and is living with her daughter Mary and son-in-law, Edwin M. Roberts. So almost all of the Evans family had immigrated to Lapeer Co., MI, leaving son Ephraim K. Evans back in New York.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions