Search for content in message boards

Lovina Knapp and Thomas Edwards

Lovina Knapp and Thomas Edwards

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edwaards, Knapp
My brick wall is my great, great grandmother, Lovina Knapp. I know very little about her except she was born in NY in about 1833 and she married Thomas Edwards (1830-1908). Thomas was from Noble County, Ohio and moved to Hurricane, Putnam County, WV area sometime in between 1865-1868.. They had 9 children. The children were born in both Putnam and Lincoln Counties John Wesley (1854-?) Sarah Elizabeth (1856-?) Mary (about 1859) Richard Lee(March 16 1860-Dec 30, 1936), Barbara Edwards (about 1862-?) George Henry (Aug 1, 1865-Oct 9, 1945) Olivia (1868-?)Albert (July 4, 1871-?) Alfred (Jul. 26, 1872-Apr. 28, 1935)

Thomas is buried at the Neal Cemetery in Milton, WV, but no other family members are in that cemetery. Does anyone know where Lovina is buried, when she died or any other info on her or her children? Is she buried in Putnam County or somewhere else? Or does anyone know why Thomas Edwards is buried in that cemetery "alone" with no other family?

Does anyone have any info on Lovina Knapp?

Re: Lovina Knapp and Thomas Edwards

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 2:37PM GMT
I'm not related to this family.

I believe you have some facts out of place.

Lavina Knapp
b. abt 1831 in Virginia
d. after 1900 in West Virginia
she married - Feb. 3, 1853 in Noble, OH
Thomas Edwards
b. 1826 to 1832 in New York
d. 1909 in Milton, West Virginia

go here for a complete family break-down -

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 9:04PM GMT
Louvinia was born in Virginia and did marry Thomas in Noble Co., Ohio in 1853, but many of the facts on the Rootsweb page are incorrect such as Dock Edwards' home being in Lincoln Co. He raised two families in Putnam and died on his farm on Bridge Creek between Hurricane and St. Albans. He was my Great Grandfather. I'm descended from him through his second wife Idella and his middle son from that marriage, Samuel. Thomas was born in Albany, New York, June 1, 1828. (per US Army enlistment form February 1865 and marriage certificate, Noble Co., Ohio)

Louvinia's parents were David Knapp and Sarah Wood.

Thomas is buried in Neal Cemetery and is the only known member of the family buried there, however, his son Richard's (Dock) inlaws from his first marriage are in the next row over, (Elijah and Mary Shafer (Shaver).

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 9:43PM GMT
I have some notes on the Knapp family, but I'm not sure that the information in it is correct and haven't been able to definitively connect Louvinia's family to it although it appears that it may be.

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 10:00PM GMT
RobertBird11

I am a decendant of Idella and Dock as well. I am Raymond's grand daughter. I would love to correspond with you further. Please write me at serenitystar@mail.com Thank you for the information!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic