Search for content in message boards

Goble Fraley Cemetery, Middle Fork

Goble Fraley Cemetery, Middle Fork

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2004 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have a listing of those buried there? Also, is it easy to find or even still exist?

Thanks!
Rhonda

Re: Goble Fraley Cemetery, Middle Fork

Carolyn Copley (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 12:29AM GMT
Hi Rhonda,
There is a Goble cemetery on Ky Rt.3 which is probably the one you are looking for. It is on top of a hill and you can drive to it. It is in the Middle Fk. area. I have been there and there are a large number of graves. Most of them have tombstones. I'm not sure if there is a listing of the people buried there. I will check to see if anyone has one.

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 12:36AM GMT
Great, Thanks!

Herb Adams (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 7:38PM GMT
Rhonda

There are many Gobles listed in the saltwell cemetery on middle fork. If you could give me the name I will look in the list for the person you are looking for

Linda Conley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 1:14AM GMT
I have a list of a Goble Cemetery at Middle Fork. I did it a few years ago.
Linda

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 1:20AM GMT
I'd love to have a copy of the list. Could you email it to me or if you'd rather send it snail mail, I'll pay for the postage. My email is hubeimom@msn.com

Thanks!

Virginia Cline Reed (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2005 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Goble Fraley
If the Goble Cemetary they refer to is not the one you want, it is probably the other one close to it. There is a Goble cemetary on top of the hill just off of Rt. 3. It has a good mine road leading to the top of the mountain and has several Gobles and others buried there. The one my family is buried in we call the Goble/Fraley cemetary is now hard to get to but close to the other. There is a road which is very steep going up the mountain just past the road to the Goble cemetary. We used to access it off of what is now Sawmill road but with the new highway going in, it all changed. There are several Gobles & Fraley's buried there. We hope to get down there and make a listing one day but haven't yet. I know most of the Goble's that are there & can help with them if you are looking for that family. They are all Abraham Gobles and Frank Gobles kin.

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Goble, Smith, Delong
Hello,

My Grandmother and several members of the rest of my family are buried in a Goble Cemetary. I've been trying to locate it so that I can bring my mothers and her uncles ashes and spread across the cemetary. My uncle had land that overlooked the cemetary which is where my Grandfather is buried, due to some sort of feud over the cemetary land.

Do know if this is the same place? I know it's sketchy but worth a try. Thanks Sue

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 3:00AM GMT
i have a listing of the gobl fraley cemetary in martin co.if you are traveling 0n rt. 3 from daniels creek, you go past the prison and when you pass sawmill hollow which is on the right hand. you start up a hill about halfway up on the right there is a dirt road follow the road it takes you back too the mouth of sawmill hollow on the point high upon the hill the gobles are buired on the upper side of the road and fraleys are on the bottom side right on the point. if you go past the dirt road at the top of the hill there is another goble cemetary on the right but is the wrong one. you would need a four wheel drive to get to the goble and fraley cemetary.

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 6:23PM GMT
I would like to have a copy of the goble and fraley Cemetery, could you email me a copy.
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions