Search for content in message boards

Hardy Station

Hardy Station

Barbara Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2004 12:43PM GMT
Does anyone know if Hardy Station and the town of Hardy are one in the same? The information I currently have is that Hardy is located 6 miles north of Grenada on I55. My husband's grandfather, James B. Tilghman lived in this area. TYIA

Re: Hardy Station

Marie Dawson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2004 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GOODWIN, ALDRIDGE, HILL, GRANBERRY
Hardy Station and the town of Hardy are one and the same. The railroad goes right through "downtown" Hardy. There used to be a small depot at the downtown intersection with a side track. The trains would pull off to dump coal, or pick up and drop off passengers and mail. My father remembers your husband's grandfather and even dated a Tilghman girl at one time. Happy Hunting!

Randy Smart (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 5:45AM GMT
Which goodwins are u looking for? I am also from Hardy Ms..just curious email me

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: GOODWIN, ALDRIDGE, GRANBERRY, HILL
My father is Les Goodwin of Hardy, MS. His parents owned the farm at the end of the lane in Hardy - Thomas Webster and Margaret Aldridge GOODWIN. My father was a good friend of Guy Smart, in fact I spoke to Mr. Smart on Easter Sunday at Hardy Baptist Church three years ago. He talked of camping and fishing with my Dad. Is Guy Smart a relative of yours?

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Stokes
Would anyone be able to tell me where the old plantation site is located for William Henry Stokes? It was located at Hardy Station, Mississippi.

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 7:15PM GMT
Just curious. There was a member of the church at Hardy (Mount Paran Missionary Baptist Church)by the name of Mrs. Rebecca Stokes. She died at Hardy Station July 17, 1881. Is she connected to the William Henry you asked about?

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 7:22PM GMT
Just discovered your post. A history is being written about Hardy Baptist Church from its beginnings as Troy Baptist Church in 1840 until the present church known today as Hardy Baptist Church. The Aldridge and Goodwin families figure prominently in the history of the church. It's good to hear from one of their descendants. I'm Guy Smart's granddaughter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions