Search for content in message boards

BENFIELD & MOODY

BENFIELD & MOODY

Carol Bahr (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BENFIELD, MOODY
I have the "original" affidavit (notarize) It sez: Isaac E. Moody born 1/13/1854 at Boone, NC Watauga Co. His wife Catherine J.(Benfield)Moody born 7/16/1857 at Taylorsville, NC (Alexander Co.) had ten children Georgia Moody bn 2/17/1880, Henry Clay Moody bn 1/16/1882, John Edward Moody bn 3/3/1884, Ola Lee Moody bn 5/10/1886,all born in Valley Cruces, NC(Watauga Co.)THEN THEY MOVED TO MISSOURI, and Rose Inez Moody born 1/13/1889, Carroll Dockry Moody bn 1/9/1891, Luta Margaret Moody bn 11/21/1892, Loran Dow Moody bn 11/30/1894, Robert Ray Moody, bn 6/26/1897 & Emary Franklin Moody, born 3/3/1901 in Nodaway County and Andrew County Missouri.

Isaac Moody - Celia Louise Moody

Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Lowrance
My great grandmother was Celia Louise Moody, sister of Isaac E. Moody. She married William Lowrance and lived and died in Watauga County, NC. They had nine children. I have the names and children of the other siblings of Isaac and Celia (known as Liza)if you need it.

Carolyn Davis Curtis

Watauga County Moody Family

Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moody
Isaac E. Moody's parents were Joel Moody and Celia Greene.
Joel's parents were Edward Moody and Frances (Fanny) Carter.
Will send you all children, siblings, etc. privately.
Edward served in the Revolutionary War and is buried in Foscoe, Watauga County, NC in the cemetery behind the Foscoe Christian Church.

Carolyn Curtis

MOODY

Carol Bahr (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MOODY
Hi Carolyn, YES, I Would like to know the names of the brothers and sisters of Isaac E. Moody and Celia (Liza). Would you know the names of their parents? And, when and where all were born. Isaac E. Moody was my great grandfather. Thanks very much for your response. Carol Bahr
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry, I have no Rebecca Elizabeth in my files. I also looked at the 1850 Census for Watauga County and did not find a family with a Rebecca born in that time period.

Good Luck

Carolyn Curtis

Moody

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Taylor, Pace, Maney, Hyde
would you by chance have a Rebecca Elizabeth Moody b.March 1843 in Watauga Co?

Bessie Moody

S Pennell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Do you have any information about a Bessie Moody Lewis (married Name.) She married John Lewis...I think. She had a daughter named Effie Lewis. Effie would later marry Clory Pennell. They all lived in Blowing Rock/Watauga County. Would appreciate any help you have to offer. Thank you.
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2004 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Presnell
Hello. I'm seeking Watauga County Moody relatives, too. According to my records, Micajah Moody (b.abt.1776) married Rebecca Elizabeth Clarke. I don't know when she was born. It's possible that your Rebecca (born 1843) is a daughter or grand-daughter of Rebecca E. and Micajah Moody.
I'm looking for descendants of Micajah's brother GEORGE MOODY (born about 1778/79). His first wife was Margaret Hill. Sarah Davis was wife #2. I'm really searching for ancestors of his son GOLSTON MOODY. I've only found one child, WILLIAM PRESTON MOODY (my great-grandfather). I'm hoping to find who his siblings are. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Re: Isaac Moody - Celia Louise Moody

Gerald Dickinson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 7:58AM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Greene
Please post the 9 children of Celia Louise Moody and William Lowrance. I have ties to the family and am trying to fit the "puzzle" together. Thanks.

Re: Isaac Moody - Celia Louise Moody

Carol Bahr (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 11:00PM GMT
You will need to contact Carolyn Curtis. The last e-mail address I have for her was <curtis.real-estate@worldnet.att.net>
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions