Search for content in message boards

Want to know all of the fennell's, black, white, whatever,

Want to know all of the fennell's, black, white, whatever,

Carolyn Fennell Ali (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Hi,I know that somebody out there with this same last name, has got to be relatives of mine. There is no way that we share a common last name, and not be related. As a child growing up in hillsboro, texas, i first thought about relatives, of a different color as we would go to the cemetary, and i always saw a huge crypt embellished with the last name fennell. It always struck me as odd. This person was born in the early 1800's. This caused me to believe, that this is where it basically got started. Did he own my great, great, great grand parents? This has always stuck with me. If you know anything about the fennell's in this area, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Carolyn fennell ali

Fennell's

margaret (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 10:22AM GMT
Carolyn,
Hi. I don't think our line of Fennell's would be related because mine apparently came over from England around 1838(as far as I know right now) and lived in Hamilton, Ohio and Campbell, Kentucky. There is another surname page for Fennell http://genforum.genealogy.com/fennell/
I have seen a lot of postings there regarding Fennell's in Texas. You might want to check that out. How far back have you gotten with your line? What is the earliest name you have?
Margaret

Here's some info

Rene Fennell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 9:27AM GMT
I'm one of the Fennell's who shared the same intrest as you right now I'm in the search of my family roots.I myself am from Boston Ma. My family, as far as I know originated from Blackshear,Georgia but that was WAYY before my time I'm now just now statrting to see the Fennell name I have never seen it before and to my surprise I have the same feeling you do.

What do you know so far?

Rene Fennell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 5:40AM GMT
I received a message from margaret but I have not yet heard from you. can you what you know so far. the farthest I can go back is My great grandfather Benny. I can't find any information on him (knowing my family that's typical) but I did find information on his Brother John. I found out he was born in 1895 in Blackshear Georgia and was Drafted in the Army in.WWII I can't go beyond that cause noone knows. All they know is that my great Grandfather's parents were killed and the 5 brothers went to live with their aunt. do you know anything on your line??/

More Info. in your messages

margaret (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 4:50PM GMT
Hi Rene. I know that none of my Fennell's were from Georgia but I would really like to be able to point you in the right direction. I have been doing most of my research online and there are lots of records there to look at. If you put as much information as you know(names and birthdates and places)you will get more people replying to help. If you want to email me directly I can give you the url's of several genealogy sites where you can search. If you have information on Fennell's who have died after say 1930 then they would be on the social security death index. When you find one on there that you know for sure is yours you can send for their original SS application and it will have their parents names and the persons place of birth on it. There are other things you can search. My email address is toolelips@aol.com. I would be happy to help you.
Margaret

Re: Want to know all of the fennell's, black, white, whatever,

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 7:47PM GMT
i have heard that there are black families named fennell. anyone knowing for sure, or having other information, please respond. anyone in north or central florida with info...let me know. They would be welcomed. does anyone know of the immigration or history from ireland or england? was the name americanized from o'finaln, or o'finley? I hope to go ireland in the fall of 2001...any info would be great.

laura in central florida, 3655 e. yandle place, inverness, fl 34453

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 7:47PM GMT
i have heard that there are black families named fennell. anyone knowing for sure, or having other information, please respond. anyone in north or central florida with info...let me know. They would be welcomed. does anyone know of the immigration or history from ireland or england? was the name americanized from o'finaln, or o'finley? I hope to go ireland in the fall of 2001...any info would be great.

laura in central florida, 3655 e. yandle place, inverness, fl 34453

Re: Here's some info

Laura Smirth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Fennell, Lane
I'm in central Florida, and we have a family reunion coming in September. Do you know the preceeding 3 or 4 generations?, names, maiden names of women? I have Lanes about grgrmother back. Any info.

cheryl fennell catterson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 1:52AM GMT
my mother has a birth cert. that my grandfather was born on a indian reservation in Oklahoma. i have seen it once and i am trying to get her to find it for me so i can get a copy. story is that i french trapper married a indian woman and had a baby that was my grandfather. i also remember a name of abby being in the family line somewhere. i will try to locate these. i was digging thru this information several years ago but still have a interest in it. hope forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 5:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2003 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Fennell, James
Yes there are some Black Fennells. I have the surname of Fennel on my Mom's side of the family. They resided in Morehead City North Carolina.

Ferdain Fennell born btwn 1860-1870 ran a boarding house and restaurant in Morehead City. He married Julia (---) and they had six girls.

Ferdain was extremely light skinned so we might have a common relative with one of you guys. Unfortunately, I do not have any information about Ferdain’s ancestors.

Traci
per page

Find a board about a specific topic