Search for content in message boards

Bertorello, Ronchetti, Turigliatto, Rollo, Berta, Perona, Cordera, Aimino, Dominietta, and Brunetto; Torino, Piedmont

Bertorello, Ronchetti, Turigliatto, Rollo, Berta, Perona, Cordera, Aimino, Dominietta, and Brunetto; Torino, Piedmont

Genevieve Bertorello Cordera (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Bertorello, Ronchetti, Turigliatto, Rollo, Berta, Perona, Cordera, Aimino, Dominietta, Brunetto
In Italy these names come from Salto, Alpette, San Benigno, Crotte, Prascorsano, Pratiglione that I know. In the U.S.A. they come from Rock Springs, Wyo., Ironbelt or Ironwood, Mich. or Wis., Diamond, Braidwood, Joliet and surrounding areas in Ill. - maybe Chicago. Later, Virden,Troy, Benld, Gillespie in Ill.

Surname: Perona

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ellena, Perona, Biasetti, Berta
ITALY-Margaret ELLENA B. 1866 Rivara,Italy Married Battista PERONA 28 Mar 1882 Braidwood, IL d. 13 Mar 1936 IL. Her daugther Margaret married Fred BERTA and lived in Chicago,IL.
She also had children Felicta PERONA BIASETTI, Barney PERONA, John PERONA, John George PERONA. Her brother Joseph ELLENA(my g-gf) lived in Wilsonville,IL near Benld and Gillespie.

Battista Perona

JoAnn Myers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Perona
My great grandfather, Dominic Perona, was married in Illinois. The witness for his marriage certificate was Battista Perona. I have a copy of the Braidwood IL history that also talks about Battista. Don't know if they were related but would love to find out!

Surname: Berta

Joni Langendoerfer (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Berta
My fathers family was from around Torino in late 1800's and early 1900's. His father's name was Domenico Berta. Would like to know if I have any relatives there. My father grew up in Illinois.
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Berta, Perona, ELLENA
Are you related to Antonio Berta 1842 and wife Caterina 1842-1914 who are buried in Braidwood, Will Co, IL along with Fred Berta 1881-1958 and wife Margaret A. Perona Berta 1883-1932.
I believe Fred would be a son to Antonio and Caterina as they are buried in the same plot and I am trying to fine out for sure.
I am related to Margaret A. PERONA BERTA.She was the daughter of my g-gf sister Margaret ELLENA PERONA who married Battista PERONA.

Berta Braidwood, Will County, IL

Cyndi Berta (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Pastore, Berta
Since I saw you are looking for Berta's from Braidwood I was wondering if you live in that area? I don't think we are related, I do not recognize any of the names. My Grandparents were Andrew and Martha (Pastore), Andrew's parents were James and Angelina V Berta her Maiden name was Berta
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Berta, Perona, Ellena
Yes, I do live in IL but not in the Braidwood area. I visited the cemtery in Braidwood in Oct 2000 and see that there is a lot of Berta's buried next to my ELLENA family. One is my grandmothers cousin Margaret PERONA BERTA 1883-1932(the ELLENA's would be her grandparents) and her husband Fred Berta 1881-1955.
I had just wondered how the others related to Fred Berta.
Antonio- 1842-1914
Caterina- 1842-1914
Frances-1887-1945
Edward-1877-1932
just off hand I would think that it is Fred's parents and sibs.
Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2003 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Brunetto
I have traced my great-grandmother, Maria Brunetto, to Vairano Petanora, Caserta Province, Campania region, Italy. Born somewhere around 1875-1880.

Re: Surnames: Aimino and Angettia/Angera

Posted: 25 Feb 2005 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Aimino, Angettia
I am very new to genealogy and was excited to see the name of Aimino when I went to the message board for the first time. My grandfather came from near Turino, Italy [I was told Milan] and my grandmother was born in Turino. My grandfather's name was Carlo Aimino. He was born around1880. My grandmother's maiden name was Angettia [or Angera] her first name was Maria. She was born 31, January, 1880. I don't know what year they came to the United States. I know that they lived in or around Coal City for a while and later lived at 9537 Congress Park Ave. Brookfield, IL. for many years. This is a suburb of Chicago and not far from Joliet. They later moved to California and stayed there for the rest of their lives. They had six children, Sabastian,Lena, Joseph, Margarete, Frances and Mary. I have very little other information to go on to find out anything about my great grandparents. If you have any information concerning this Aimino family it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Surnames: Aimino and Angettia/Angera

Posted: 7 Mar 2007 11:05PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2007 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Aimino
Carlo and Maria Aimino were my great grand parents and are buried at Pacific Crest Cemetary in Redondo Beach California. Both my father and aunt grew up in the same house with Maria and Carlo.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions