Search for content in message boards

Roy C. Crites

Roy C. Crites

C. Pratt (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Crites, Burgess, Higgs, Miller, Keplinger, Rinker, Hinkle
Roy C. Crites, 65,Martinsburg, died Monday at the Veterans Administration Hospital there following an extended illness.

Born July 6, 1918 in Grant County, he was a son of Roy E. Crites, Dorcas, and the late Lucy (Burgess) Crites.

Mr. Crites was an Army veteran of World War II.

Surviving besides his father are a daughter, Mrs. Lois Higgs, Upper Marlboro, Md.; a son, Roy C. Crites, Jr., Capitol Heights, Md.; 11 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; five sisters, Mrs. Viola Miller, Keyser; Mrs. Janet Keplinger, Manassas, Va.; Mrs. Sudie Rinker, Purgitsville; Miss Mary Crites, Dorcas; Mrs. Emogene Hinkle, Mt. Storm; four brothers, Glenville Crites and Victor Crites both of Dorcas; Leon Crites, West Palm Beach, Fla.; Willis Crites, Harrisonburg, Va.

A memorial service will be held today (Wednesday) at 2 pm at the Arnold-Basagic Funeral Home by Brother Merrill Kopp.

The body will be cremated.

The family suggests that memorials take the form of donations to the Grant County Cencer Fund.

(from newspaper obituary July 1983...he died 11 July, 1983)

Re: Roy C. Crites

LORI CRITES (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Crites
This was my grandfather, although I didn't know him. I am Roy C. Crites Jr. oldest daughter form his first marriage (only daughter form 1st marriage) I would like to know about the family history.

C Pratt (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lori...
If you don't have anything on this family yet, I can provide some help.

Posted: 1 Oct 2006 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Crites,Burgess
Although I didn't know your grandfather Roy C. Crites I did know your great grandfather Roy Edward Crites & great grandmother Lucy Viola (Burgess) Crites. They were my Great Uncle & Aunt. I have a few pictures of them if you would like

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 4:15PM GMT
I thought I got back to this long ago, I guess I did not - I would love pictures if not too late. Please email me at lcrites@yahoo.com for my information.

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 4:19PM GMT
I have a little bit of information - but, I don't know a whole lot about the Burgess side - My understanding was she was possibly part native American and that a Crites line was as well.

Sorry I am just getting back to this. I can be emailed at lcrites@yahoo.com.

I was off work when I started this research due to back surgery and just never got back to it. Any info is welcom.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions